Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'd be on a 1k if insurance was anywhere near reasonable. I'm honestly glad that it costs so much cause I really don't need any more power on the streets. Just take your bike to the track and shut up! That's where they belong.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
the first gear usually redlined well passed any US speed limit.
First gear on my 600 goes past Australian speed limits. I have no need or want for a litre bike. The 600 has PLENTY of power, small, nimble, better on fuel.

I've ridden mates R1's and Gixxer 1000's and ZX10R's and have no "omg I need one" feeling. My mate on the ZX is wanting a 600 instead, and mate on R1 wants a 600 too because you get more usable power and isn't going to waste, smaller, lighter, more fun e.t.c.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i could see how a 1k would be nice to have, would be easier on valves, easier on interstate etc. but the reason i still have my 08 600rr is due to the fact ive modded it too much, its king of the quarter mile (unless thats changed, has it? if so please correct me.) and i really like how balanced it is. ill go up to a stop light and coast at legit .5mph-1mph and not feel like im falling over. plus cosmetically im attracted to how it looks. but i gotta admit i really dig the looks of the 1k rr. and how much faster do you really need to go? how much torque do you really need? im completely content with my 600 and don't desire a 1000.

·
Registered
196 Posts
THe 1000 just gets around town a bit more subtle than the 6.
Less revs, less noise, less attention, it just quietly torques around, I feel like I'm more annoying to other commuters on the 6.
Besides that I love my 6

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I've had 1k cc bikes and they are fun but they are not for me, started out with a cbr600 (1990) and have had seven other cbr600's and will probably have at least one more. I currently don't own a cbr as I switched to an NC30 400cc bike and I am loving it has enough power and you don't see any other ones out when riding. But if there was only one bike I could have to ride it would be an 07-08 cbr600rr as they have been my favorite over they years as they have given me many good times and memories.

·
Registered
382 Posts
TBH, I love both. Jump on a 600 after riding the 1000, and it's like holy sh*t this bike is awesome. Jump on the 1000 after riding the 600, and it's like holy sh*t this bike is awesome! LOL

If I had to pick, personally I would pick the 1000.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts