Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help and please forgive me for asking the same question if this has already been covered. i sold my 03 600rr when i went to IRAQ but now want a new bike. i have 2,000 miles riding experience and wanted to know everyones opinion on what to buy! i dont go to the track and i live in houston texas so there is a lot of stop and go traffic. i found a place in TN. with like $2,000 off MSRP. also, what upgrades are suggested b/ci was gonna get them put on before i pick up the bike. or should i just wait for the 07's to come out? thanks for the help guys everyone!

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
I would wait for the 07 and I wouldnt get the 1000.... I think the 07 600RR is gonna come through...I Just have a feeling its gonna be worth the wait!

And if you only have 2,000 miles riding experience , I personally dont think you should be looking into any 1000 cc sportbike...Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've heard many people say that the 1000 is just too much bike. I've ridden owned 2 600's and they have everything I want. Anways, thanks for serving our country!!!

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
depends on what you want to do for upgrades I guess but Id stick w/ the 600, the added price and insurance on a 1000 is not worth what your going to get out of it on the street. And I agree that w/ only 2,000 miles riding experiece its better to hold off anyway. I have 4,600 miles experiece and even if I wanted to I would not go up to a 1000, I like the 600 to much to ever trade up anyway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have both an '06 1000 and an '05 600. I have made the 600 into a dedicated track bike. All you need is a 600. The 1000 is of course faster, but the 600 can be thrown around easier. Both bikes are by far faster than me. You will have no problem with either bike. I would personnally wait for the '07 600.

·
Registered
251 Posts
get the 600 and if you feel that is not enought for you put on some mods.
easier to ride and easier to sell it in the future.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
gidday mate, if ya can handle waiting, get the 07 600... stop go should be ok on the bike standard just remember to change the oil a little sooner rather than a little later and it will run sweet as a nut!!.... glad you got back safe ....

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Well I'm going to buck everyone here and tell you to get another 03-04 600. With 2k miles total under your belt you should be getting something even smaller but I know that will never happen since you've already had a 600RR. So, my reasoning in getting an 03-04 model is the fact that 1) There are more used and aftermarket parts available. Finding an exhaust for the 07 model is going to be hard for awhile. 2) With you being new to motorcycles I wouldn't recommend you get a new model. They usually have bugs that need to be worked out. Getting a 1000 is just crazy talk.

·
Registered
787 Posts
yeah, with 2k of experience, 600 would be the most id go

and about the upgrades, the first thing i would do is put on frame sliders, and i'm guessing you'll probably wants aftermarket turn signals and fender eliminator too

and the exhaust, unless you take it to the track and have a full system along with other goodies (power commander, velocity stack...etc...), you'll probably won't notice the difference, the slip on is mainly for sounds and looks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey thanks everyone for the info. i am gonna try and hold out for the 07'. this place in TN sells the bikes for real cheap and its tempting though. thanks again for the info and i just wanna say that this website got me through some rough times in IRAQ. we didnt have a chat on the GOVT. computers so me and my wife would use the chat from this website to talk for free b/c calling cards get expensive. thanks everyone for supporting the military and for the info

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
davidrr said:
hey thanks everyone for the info. i am gonna try and hold out for the 07'. this place in TN sells the bikes for real cheap and its tempting though. thanks again for the info and i just wanna say that this website got me through some rough times in IRAQ. we didnt have a chat on the GOVT. computers so me and my wife would use the chat from this website to talk for free b/c calling cards get expensive. thanks everyone for supporting the military and for the info

LOL Southern Honda....Chatanooga , TN I got my 05 there last September for $6983 OTD

The later in the year you go the better the prices get. Although their prices are always better then the competitors.

BTW there is another place in Mississippi that sells bikes really cheap also...I believe it's called LakeHill Motorsports or Lakewood something like that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts