Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
zero wind drag, zero tire or clutch slip, not bad.

a few more tweeks and it can break into the 9's

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leo Vience slip on pipe. Soon to get pc3.
other than that...
I had 93 octaine fuel in the tank.
I broke it in under 6k rpms for the first 600 miles (it had 1250 miles at the time of the run).
And I put a rider on it who has drag racing experiance.

It was the fastest 600 on that dyno at that location. Was faster than many of the 1000s also (mostly due to rider im sure).

If you listen closely at the end of the video the guy who runs the dyno asked, "you sure thats a 600?"

:twisted:

·
Registered
53 Posts
i am the guy riding the bike in the video, and the horsepower numbers given on those two dino runs are very accurate , every bike that ran that day laid down the horsepower that their bikes should have. The only numbers that are off are the qtr mile times. true, they would be a little different at the track, but not by much becaues i have been drag racing for years now, just look in the back page of any cycle world where they give times, the numbers don't lie,,,,so stop hatin

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hey didnt they lock the other post you guys started because everyone was saying it was a bunch of BS.

There is no fu&%ing way that bike has 119.8 HP... And if you ask me you cant launch a bike to save your ass. The freakin FX bike only has 125 hp at the rear wheel and that is with a whole hell of a lot of engine mods.

You are out of your mind if you think that the dyno drags are accurate. They only do 10.88 stock with a pro rider and you are not going to cut 8 tenths with just a slip on. The new 1000RR does 9.80 's stock and there aint no way you could even come close to that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hawaii600rr said:
Hey didnt they lock the other post you guys started because everyone was saying it was a bunch of BS.

There is no fu&%ing way that bike has 119.8 HP... And if you ask me you cant launch a bike to save your ass. The freakin FX bike only has 125 hp at the rear wheel and that is with a whole hell of a lot of engine mods.

You are out of your mind if you think that the dyno drags are accurate. They only do 10.88 stock with a pro rider and you are not going to cut 8 tenths with just a slip on. The new 1000RR does 9.80 's stock and there aint no way you could even come close to that.
Yeah...I was thinking the same thing! There is no way that a dyno drag is even comparable to a real quarter mile run. Fun to do maybe, but not accurate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wouldnt it be nice if people read the whole topic before saying something negative? But then what would we all laugh at.

ON THE VERY FIRST MESSAGE...
It was clearly stated on 600rr.net (where he posted many times) that kz1000 doesnt own a cbr600rr.

It was also stated that the times arnt 100% accurate because the dyno doesnt factor in being able to control a bike down a race track (you cant launch this bike at 12k rps on a track).

As for horsepower... other bikes were listed with thier times and hp on that same dyno the same day. By comparing the times and hp of other bikes to this one you can get a good idea of how much it really has. A completly stock bike put out 114hp on this dyno and ran 10.6 quartermile.

This dyno event was held at our local dealership and was free to the public. I wasnt gonna put my bike up there but people were curious to see how it compared. So I let kz 1000 run it since he drag races alot (I figured that he would get more fun out of it than I would). Im more into the twisty stuff.

The whole point of posting any of this was to show that the fastest 600cc bike of the weekend was a cbr600rr. Also, the event was alot of fun. Oh yea... and cause its funny to watch people like cornerworker get all worked up. HAHA

make us laugh some more!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
The vid was fun to watch for sure, if your intention was to show the RR in action and prove it's supremacy. Without all of the hp talk, let's just enjoy it for that. 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.