Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

What would you buy?

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so a spin off on mentioning an 800rr on the general thread 'Whats missing, and what do you want in a 2013?' If you were in a showroom, right now staring at 3 bikes, a 600rr, an 800rr and a 1000rr, what would you buy?

(Lets say for this argument, the 800rr has been invented, and it fits slap bang in the middle of the 6 and 1k rr's, price/cc/power etc) and lets say they all have indicators in the mirror etc...just the only difference is the cc and power etc that comes with each cc, same fairing design and the ones you're looking at are the same color scheme too

You can have whatever reason you like for your choice, they're all sportbikes, all same tyre manfucturers, all warranty stuff and the like is the same. Maybe you're upgrading maybe downgrading, maybe you'd by a honda sportbike where you previously wouldn't because there's an 800RR...who knows, vote now or forever...wish you had? lol

This is serious, Honda could be watching :spin: haha, i'll go put on my tin foil hat so the aliens don't see into my brain, it has the same chance of happening as Honda using this as their market research

·
Registered
303 Posts
Another middle weight contendor would be a great idea with an 800RR. With the GSXR-750, Ducati 848 and Triumph 675R being in the class already it would be nice if Honda tossed there hat in. But thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I would like to see an 800rr. Or even a 1200rr to compete with Ducati's 1199 s

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
i'd like to try the 800RR as well. but i've never been on a bike bigger than my 600RR, and i doubt i will be able to outride it anytime soon. maybe that's why i have no interest in have a 1k RR.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No one wants a k? My buddy would be irate if they released one and I picked one up. He's a 750 rider but doesn't fit into the stereotype, he wears his gear for one.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I would like to see an 800rr. Or even a 1200rr to compete with Ducati's 1199 s

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App
I thought of that too but don't side-track! We need a CBR800RR first please!!

i'd like to try the 800RR as well. but i've never been on a bike bigger than my 600RR, and i doubt i will be able to outride it anytime soon. maybe that's why i have no interest in have a 1k RR.
Yea exactly, pushing a 1k is a danger, yes well a 250 can kill you but i think you can push the limits a bit more on a cbr800rr without those limits being deadly, but naturally that differs for each guy as some noob could get a hold on one and kill themselves no problem, there's always one :p

No one wants a k? My buddy would be irate if they released one and I picked one up. He's a 750 rider but doesn't fit into the stereotype, he wears his gear for one.
haha I don't want a 1krr, but im dissapointed in the 750, i rode a 2010 for a month everyday for free so i feel i can have an opinion on it, for the cc to me it doesn't produce the torque it should(it's nicer yes liked the extra bhp had good fun on the weekends on it), and there's some really well modded RR's on here produced late teens over 100bhp such as 119...thats getting hella close to the 750's 133 and thats 600...so if honda made a cbr800 and we modded that, it'd be a serious litre eater! :shakehand to me honda would do more with 800cc's than suzuki does in that area and then the quality and finish would mean i can ride it all weathers like my honda's have always done, engine paint was flaking off on the 2010 i rode...barely old at all it was a 2010 damnit! i was thinking gravel drop, was a hire bike but still, the flakes looked too well placed for a gravel drop

at my gf's work a guy wants a bike(first bike)...and he wants the gsxr750....dunno what it is but it appears it's a noob magnet! where are suzuki advertising the 750 that it seems every new rider has heard of it? it's probably all the reviews hailing the cc as perfect for the road not twitchy like a 1k and not revy like a 600 so they all think 750 is for them...

some say why produce so many cc's, well kawasaki sat there raking it on off of the ninja 250, so honda made a 250 again(and don't forget they made them before as well, wasn't lucky enough to get one myself but 19,000rpm redline, who wouldnt want to try one!) and honda also made 400's, i owned 2 in my bike history a 1988 cbr400RR and a 1994 RVF400, the 1988 gave me problems any 24yr old bike would but the rvf was a blast! seen the 1998 ones with low miles pick up more than the cost of an 05 600rr, and we're leaving suzuki to rake in customers with the 750 that wouldn't even be with suzuki if honda made an 800, bikers will always have their own opinions on what cc to ride at what time, it's not always up people come down in cc or stop biking as well, but honda needs to be available for the whole journey, i've ridden each cc as i've gone up(not 500 though) so for people like me i'm an example that would own a honda 125, then move up to 250 then 400 then 600 etc if honda had that kind of a lineup available...but i can see what they're thinking about is new bike sales so who knows...i bet they've thought of/are planning/or want to do, an 800cc sportbike...i doubt they haven't thought about it, would be nice to honda what the honda brain is thinking!

P.S. It'd be nice to hear from the 3 people who voted 600rr why they want a second 600rr instead of one of the other two!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
No desire to go above a 600. For the street, I don't see how a larger engine is any sort of a good idea, plus the better gas mileage. Lighter bike, cheaper to buy/insure, and PLENTY of power in my opinion.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
1000RR for me. No point of an 800 IMHO if I already have a 600. but thats just me.

The GSXR750's i've ridden were very cool though

·
Registered
760 Posts
I LOVE 600's to death! with that said I would like a 750/800RR, That would be so bad ass! Same with the above stated.. a 1000 just has no place in my garage. Too much bike IMO

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sad news Honda UK got back to me;

Thank you for contacting Honda (UK).
We were pleased to learn of your interest in our Supersports range.
Currently Honda (UK) has no plans to release a 750cc-800cc model in the Supersports range. At present we offer a 125cc, 250cc, 600cc and 1000cc in the CBR range.
Your comments have been passed to the relevant department for future consideration.
Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.
Kind regards
I doubt it'll come out next year based on my comments being 'passed to the relevant department for future consideration' haha but you never know :shakehand

That could be Honda UK though, maybe somebody speaks japanese to send a message to Honda Japan

·
Registered
80 Posts
i would stick with a 600rr .it would be cheaper to run ,insure and fuel costs ,especially here on the rip off isle of great britain. i might be tempted by the 800rr but i feel a 600 has enought fun factor for me and the speed limit is 70 mph which my old vfr400 could very easily beat. 1 thing for sure ,my next bike will be a honda. always had honda always will , i like the quality of the build.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
i would stick with a 600rr .it would be cheaper to run ,insure and fuel costs ,especially here on the rip off isle of great britain. i might be tempted by the 800rr but i feel a 600 has enought fun factor for me and the speed limit is 70 mph which my old vfr400 could very easily beat. 1 thing for sure ,my next bike will be a honda. always had honda always will , i like the quality of the build.
I'm in the UK, I ran a GSXR750, cost absolutely nothing extra to run, fuel was the same believe it or not, only difference i'd agree with is insurance, but I was talking about the vote in terms of the bikes not the uncontrollable factors like insurance but it seems alot of people have gone and voted that way anyway. yes your 600rr can beat the speed limit, but it doesn't have the torque an 800 would have so it'd be alot easier around town and to commute with, but if you don't do that then you'd probably not be thinking along those lines

why i want an 800 is alot to do with that easier commuting etc, if i could insure that level cc i'd be gone from honda to suzuki for the 750 and no longer be a honda customer PURELY because of that 750, i see that as a shame as the only vehicles i've ever owned have been Honda motorcycles...don't even have a car licence so i suppose it means more to me to leave because of lack of a product filling that gap...when if they had filled that gap i'd stay and prefer their product...but honda's not putting a CBR800RR in as i wrote in a post above so oh well...it's still winning the votes, seems im not the only one who wants one :)

I expected there would be die hard go big or go home folks who go for the 1000rr and die hard i love my 600rr fans who'd vote that but i kinda expected a more clearer win for 800rr, it's best of both, i reckon it'd dominate the headlines

...I do have to admit though, the GSXR's have a nice exhaust note from stock...

·
Registered
743 Posts
it would be very interesting to compare the differences in power between 800 and 600. I would love to try it but I don't think it would make a noticeable difference on the street, like some of the above posts have said. On the track and especially while racing, I think the difference would be huge. The power-to-weight ratio would be significant and the 800 would burn a 600 in the straights which would really suck if that was the difference between 1st and 2nd

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
it would be very interesting to compare the differences in power between 800 and 600. I would love to try it but I don't think it would make a noticeable difference on the street, like some of the above posts have said. On the track and especially while racing, I think the difference would be huge. The power-to-weight ratio would be significant and the 800 would burn a 600 in the straights which would really suck if that was the difference between 1st and 2nd
I think it would if you ride every single day BUT, my bikes not stock, and as we go on it's going to have even more changed(soon as i get a cheque thats coming) so i think that closes the gap a little...I've ridden the 750 and 600 GSXR's and i noticed a bit more oomph but as ive said it was not as expected i think that gap with a honda will be more obvious

a suzuki nearby had a test ride day with group rides out for an hour on the 2012 range but i was too young for their insurance to cover me, wanted to test the 2012 GSXR1000...oh well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts