Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK! back to school time... and i had a few questions to get some new ideas.. and see what everyone else is doing

1) Riding your motorcycle to school... where do you put your parking pass? i dont want to put it on my fender , was thinking about putting it on a bike lock and puttin the lock on my bike..

2) What do you do with your helmet? i carry mine, but left it in my class last semester. .got me a bit worried i might forget it again and next time i wouldnt be so lucky to find it. i dont want to leave it on my bike.. the strap can get cut.

3) What backpack do you use? one for your helmet? i have a shoei backpack but with a helmet in it its too big...

4) I ride to school at 7:00 am.. its fa-reezing.. get out at 3.. its HOT! .... carrying a jacket around is a pain.. any ideas? maybe a textile would be a better idea than a leather....

Let me know what you guys do! i have class tomorrow and have to get my ducks in a row before class hehe.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
im starting tomorrow too. i live in mass so its worse than you when it comes to temp wise, and i leave right before 7. well i only wear my leather jacket and i wear it around campus as im moving around. but take it off when i get to class

the helmet, just dont forget about it! carry it around, chicks dig it!! hahaha or so i keep telling myself, well you can lock it to your bike also.

and parking pass, i dont have one. just tell all the other bikers not to put it on and security wont hassle you. like seriously, wher eu gonna mount it? on ur sideview mirror and have someone gank it? mines is $175 a semester and im not losing it!

what kind of bike lock do you have? im bringing a kryptonite chain lock to wrap it around a pole.. i know people whose gotten their bikes stolen at school.

um backpack, i use a regular backpack, a north face one. just strap it up tight and u'll be good. but you might wanna get one of those new ones with rollers. you know, like those carry on luggages people pull around at the airport, i hear those pick up "mad chicks"

·
Registered
628 Posts
I carry my helmet to my classes although I do have a helmet carrier on my Icon squad backpack. I normally carry my Alpinestars beanie along for the ride to wear at school so I dont look lik I just rolled out of bed. As far as jacket goes I just wear a hoodie or something not as heavy as my leather jacket. It keep me warm in th morning and I get out by 11 so on the way home it is not too hot, and if it were I could crumpole it up and throw it in the backpack. For the whole pass thing I dont even use one. There are usually 3-4 bikes that park in an area of the parking lot where there isnt really a space and we are in no ones way so they dont care.

·
Registered
181 Posts
1.) I put my parking pass on my right fork, just above the axle. edit: I have an 04. If you have an 05, you might be able to put it right above the fender?
2.) I always carry my helmet, put it next to your bag or in plain sight somewhere so you dont forget as easily.
3.) Axio backpack (enough room for a few books without a shitload of straps and other stuff flapping in the wind). http://www.axio-usa.com/html/p4.html
4.) I have a Joe Rocket Alter Ego. Textile, not bad on the price, convertible, comes with a rain liner and a little bag to carry around the parts in (id recommend an axio Tek-Pack to keep the extra jacket parts if you dont have enough room in the bag itself., though).

·
Registered
207 Posts
1. Dont use a parking pass.
2. I put my helmet in the shoei supplied bag and carry it around.
3. I use the ogio 1950. www.ogio.com/product.php?product=82
plenty of room, hydration blatter, mp3 pocket, tool pocket and you can even fit your helmet if you want.
4. It is hot were I live. I wear a textile jacket, dainese boots, and gloves. I park right by the gym and have a locker in there so I just throw all my stuff in there and put on some shorts.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
when i was attending our parking pass was a square sticker that was the same size as the reflector on the the fender on the front of the bike, so thats where I put it.

I used a good size ogio skate back pack to carry the minimal tools I thought might come in handy and books, lunch, mp3 player etc.

Just carried around helmet and jacket. Most my classes were in the same department so I didnt have to sport a bright red jacket back and forth on campus.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I don't have a parking pass, carry my helmet to class w/me and put the jacket inside my oakley backpack once I get to school.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I left the parking pass sticker on the paper and just jam it in to my windscreen when i park the bike.
I bring my helmet with me everywhere, same as my leather jacket. And i can't forget one if i have the other.
I don't know how cold it is where you are in the morning but i've ridden in 40 degree weather in my perforated leather jacket and i'm fine with it. My jacket has a zip in liner if i'm feeling like a *****, but otherwise i just go for it.
I have an icon back pack. If i really want to i can hook the helmet underneath it with this nice little non-scratch fabric doohicky.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Not to sure about the parking pass. But an axio backpack for transport and i will always carry my helmet with me wherever i go. I always where a jacket no matter how hot or cold it gets, thats just the way i ride. It's a lot of stuff to carry around but the end justifys the means for me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
1) I don't have one on my bike. If I get a ticket, you 'should' be able to go up to the counter and tell them that you have a parking decal, just not one that works on a bike.

2) I always carry my helmet. 650 bucks says I better do it. I have an Icon tankbag, which I rarely use, so I just handcarry it. And helmets are always a convo starter, from other riders to cute girls, lol.

3) I have a Dakine backpack which I use most of the time. My Icon tankbag also works as a backpack as well.

4) It's worth carrying around the jacket. Maybe wear a longsleeve shirt under the jacket in the morning, then stuff it in the backpack when it gets hot.

Don't skimp out on the shoes!!! I wear my riding boots to class and kick them like air jordan's. =p

·
Registered
469 Posts
I ride mine to school, i get in at 4pm and out at 10pm and it sucks riding home at night on the freeway.. I put my sticker on the right front fork. I carry my helmet and put my jacket in my backpack(Alpinestars Vector II)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I stopped bothering about the decal and I put the decal on my windshield as it is easier to take off once the semester is done.
I carry the helmet with me. Recently I bought an AGV backpack that has a helmet holder so I am going to use that. I take off my leather jacket in class and put it on the chair. The only problem is the sweat you have to worry about ;)

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
when I Ride to school its free parking, I carry my helmet with me.. sometimes when I know its going to be hot, I wear icon armor under regular clothes...Or if its not going to be that hot I wear my textile, and I just use a regular backpack.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't even use a parking pass...scared of someone taking it off my bike and I don't think my school requires one either. As far as my helmet I just bring it with me everywhere as well as the jacket.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
our school had motorcycle ones that u place on your front fork. it doesnt leave junk behind , but is easy to remove later on.

jansport backpack. its a backpack, thats about it

ya its cold, i got a textile with removable liner, i think thats the way to go. gotta wear gear! i dont however wear boots or riding pants because i carry mystuff around and that would be rediculous to be carrying ALL that crap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts