Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends bike fell over at a slow speed on the right hand side on May 6th and it spilled some gas from the overflow, so he waited a few hours before trying to start it and it started up no problem. After waiting 3 days he decided to take his bike out to try and start it and when he tried to start it it wouldnt start. The fuel pump wont prime and the headlights don't turn on, blinkers turn on but do not function. Tried messing around and bypassing BAS but no go, tried pulling it out and remounting it and nothing. When you take it off if you shake it you can hear something moving inside. He tried messing around with fuses and it reset the ECU and when he went to start the bike it started right up, but then it shut right off. They push started it after that and got it running and he drove it to my house and when he tried to start it again it was back to the same problem.

Any help on what could be causing this is greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
When you say it doesn't start, does it turn over? Or does it not crank at all?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
And sometimes it primes (when it starts) and sometimes it doesn't (when it doesnt start)? Just trying to get what you said straight.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
And you were able to bump start it without the fuel pump priming???

Checked all the fuses?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Is the FI light blinking on startup?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
My guess is the battery voltage is below 12.5v, which is too low for most. You need 12.8v or higher. If battery voltage is good then check your ground wire(s) like Neco said. (on the left side of the frame)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts