Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS OUT YESTERDAY, riding as usual, i came down this road and
i missed a shift about 100 metters from the accident putting it in neutral, then shifted back down and nose came up, when i came down i was fine, kept driving another 50 meters then a explorer pulls out in my path, thinking quick i hit the brakes and front wheel came out and i went into a slide. was only going 50 or less , but impact sucked arm wedged under the front bumper. guy prolly didnt know i was there till i hit the damn truck.

in all that the cops has the nerve to give me a stunting ticket GEEGEE!

will post pics . for now, right arm in a sling. Thats it for riding , i got a little girl to take care of!

C

·
0 Posts
Holy Crap man... Glad your okay! Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. And the ticket.....insult to injury! Hope ya heal up quick! How's the bike?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
How fast were you going when you put it in neutral?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Glad to hear your ok, but I"m sorry to hear you got a ticket. I htink the cop shoulda used common sense when "investigating" the accident scene. He should have seen that you had right of way. Anyway, like I said, I'm glad to hear you're ok.

K

·
0 Posts
Def glad to see you typing and doing ok. Hope the healing goes well. Take care man.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Re: 600RR DOWN EXPLORER GOES THREW YIELD

ArcAnGeL666 said:
Thats it for riding , i got a little girl to take care of!
Let me start by saying that I'm glad you're okay. That's the most important thing here.

But I gotta agree with hondaF4iguy. Whta were you doing. Sounds to me like you were out [email protected]#king around. If not, you definately need to work on the basics, like throttle control and shifting. You shouldn't be going into first anywhere near that speed. That fact that you hit neutral should have indicated you needed to upshift, not throw her in first. I'm sorry to hear you're thinking about getting out. I hope you reconsider. If you do take the MSF and spend some time working on your skills. Good luck man. And definately look into the "at Fault" thing. If the explorer ran the yield, it should be on his dollar.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have to agree, either you are VERY inexperienced or you were screwing around. It aint that easy to bring the front tire up on an RR unless you are trying. That whole "mass centralization" thing. Also if you are downshifting you are mostly off the gas.

As for the ticket, how many times do you think that cop has heard the "I was shifting and the front just came up" story?

If this makes you give up riding, thats too bad. I agree with corner worker that a MSF would probably help out alot, or just find some experienced level headed guys to ride with and learn from.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
The way he said he was 100 METERS away makes me think he's talking KMPH, not MPH. But how did you manage to pull that off, glad your OK, that's the only thing that matters

BTW ArcAnGel666, Do you have a full size avatrar that you could post, I like that.

EDIT: I also recommend the MSF course. I just took it last week and learned a few things. Once I get my official license paperwork, I'm going to be out practicing emergency stops till I can do that at any speed blindfolded. (Yes, the sliders are installed)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Glad your ok, but don't let it discourage you like that, fight the ticket, you should win. Take the MSF as was reccomended, and keep rolling. Remember, there are only two kinds of riders, those who have been down, and those who will go down. It happens to everyone, many by no fault of their own. I admit one of mine was my fault but others have been cause by other people. Take care.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the grievance boys , and to answer some questions, i was going 50 plus or minus killometer per hour, and my inexperience cause the front end to come up a bit, not a full blown cat walk.

Witnesses say front tire went off the ground and im sure i can fight it in court.

And it will be his expense .. cat walk or no... he ran the yield and as a result cause and in jury.

ill edit and post pics of the wreck ASAP

glad to be walking the next day... too bad yhis nice piece of machine had to be wrecked! *sigh*

1 - 20 of 25 Posts