Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
[/quote]
sounds like you plan on buying the bike claiming it under a multi policy plan then drop the car in a couple of weeks. would probably work for the time being but when renewal time comes along plan on getting dropped or a rate increase.[/quote]

Yes and no, it has to do with a lease running out on my car... The insurance company knows exactly what my plans are and told me I would not get dropped or a rate increase after my lease runs out leaving only my bike.

Jason

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
PaikyPoo said:
my 03 rr was my first bike. 6800 miles later... no drops... nothing. i've been really lucky tho. plus, i'm 6' tall and can flat foot the bike. that helps a n00b a lot
Awesome!

I sat on the bike and I'm about 6 foot as well. I could just about flat foot it and once that shock is a little broken' in from my fat ass, noooo problem. :)

Jason

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
[/quote]
sounds like you plan on buying the bike claiming it under a multi policy plan then drop the car in a couple of weeks. would probably work for the time being but when renewal time comes along plan on getting dropped or a rate increase.[/quote]

Oh yeah BTW, Progressive wanted $1300 so even if they raise it $500 which I know they won't, I will still be on top. I have put a lot of planning in to all this and I even have stuff in writing. :twisted:

Jason

·
Registered
115 Posts
Get what you really want. I am 19 and bought an 03'' rr for my first bike afte rI took the msf course. No problems what so ever. Just respect the bike and take it easy at first, and you will be fine.

JB

·
Registered
294 Posts
207miles on my first bike(600rr). Just because it goes real fast doesn't mean you have to ride real fast.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The 600rr is my first bike. I'm 38 y/o and bought the bike for the following reasons:

1. the 600rr to me is artwork. I want it not for the speed, although it doesn't seem that fast to me (sometimes I wished I bought a liter bike), and besides the wind is so strong, I don't even enjoy going over 50mph.
2. i bought it for pleasure. so i do not commute, and use it only in good weather.

This is what I've learned:
1. this bike is extremely impractical. can't carry anything. uncomfortable riding position.
2. low torque at low rpms. bike is only comfortable in 4-5k rpms.
3. i'm always worried (more like paranoid) that someone is going to steal my 600rr becasue it attracts a lot of wannabes.

if you're going to do 70mph on the highway within the first 2 weeks, ofcourse you're be in trouble. any bike will put you in the same trouble.

in retrospect, the bike is ok. knowing what i know now, i preferred to wait, save up some money and buy a bmw liter sport bike.

·
Registered
301 Posts
my red 04 is the first bike I've ever owned. Before this, I had a TOTAL of 10 minutes of riding experience! Now listen, If you want to live, take it to a parking lot, then just puts it around for atleast an hour, practicing starting/ stopping/ and shifting, and just dont let the rpms get over 6 because speed comes VERY fast on this bike and then that first turn comes up, you will crap yourself when you panick because the bike handles totally different at speed!. Oh and don't shift when you are in the middle of a turn until you are use to the clutch. I almost dumped it at 10 mi. because of this! I was in mid lean at about 40 and when I shifted, I let the rpm's get up to high and the clutch came out REALLY fast and the rear tire stepped out about 2 feet :shock: ! Now thank god that I was pretty loose and the bikes suspension is awesome and I was in the exit of the turn. The conditions were just right that I just BARELY kept it on the road. Go SLOW until you KNOW you are comfortable.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You have the same level of experience I had. (dirtbikes and ATV) The RR was my first bike and I was 27 at the time. Maturity has a lot to do with being safe. Just keep a level head and have FUN!!! I have absolutely NO REGRETS.

·
Registered
378 Posts
This is my 1st bike. I think i couldnt have chosen a better bike. It does what i want when i want and is very rider friendly. But when i wanna get freaky and down right nasty my baby has the power and get up and go to get down with the best of them! She kicks ass and you will love it just as much as i do ! Just use your head and dont push it if you dont have the skills. Remeber theres a body bag with your name on it some where that doesnt mean you gotta fill it up ! :bitchslap:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts