Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting my CBR600RR up for sale and going after a 2005 - 2006 GSXR1K. I have been riding for about 9 years and had a FZR600, SV650, and now 2008 600RR. I do some twisties riding, but have to ride 1.5 hours to get there. My complaints are:

- I am 200ish with gear on
- Would like more Mid Range and Faster Instant Acceleration for Traffic ( The 600 power delay has always kinda been annoying. I negate to some extent by keeping the revs up) *Big Deal
- 600RR is so revvy and vibration gets to me when riding for 5 to 6 hours ( Not handle bar vibration as I have heavier bar ends, but overall)
- Wanting something more comfortable ( the GSX1K would not be but cud street fighter it to make better)

I am not sure about the swap as I think something along the lines of a GSXS1000F would suit and serve me better as I am in my early 30s, but more $$$.
As I side not. I know I am not skilled enough to ride very aggressively with either bikes in the twisties.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Take a look at the gsf1000f! I test rode one and it was amazing actually, imo you can't go wrong with any of the naked bikes that are out today. Fz09, or street triple are nice too.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
From everything I've seen, those '05-'06 GSXR 1K motors were some of the best -- torquey, strong midrange, but also a hit on top, though not as crazy up there as current litrebikes.

The GSXS-F you mentioned supposedly has a similar power feeling, but with the top clipped off. If you can get a deal on the '05-'06 I say do it. As for comfort -- you could always spend time at the gym. I mean early 30s is young...

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
What is this "power delay" you speak of?

There is not really much difference in a 600 and 1000 under 6/7k RPM's. Its above that range when it makes a difference. Having ridden an 06 GSXR1000 and now an R1, they both feel the same on the low end. You do get more torque with the liter bikes, but at the expense of added weight and decreased agility.

The 05-06 GSXR1000's are excellent bikes though; they were my first choice before I upgraded to the R1 which has much cheaper than the Suzuki. Just letting you know that its really not that much difference in normal riding between a 600 and 1k. Its in the mid-to-upper rev range that you feel the difference.

If you wanna upgrade though, that's your choice as long as you get a good deal. Don't pay more than $5500 for a used 05/06 GSXR1000.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alot of my pain from riding comes from my Hips at the end of the day. An advisor at the local Dealer service department said that an R1 2006+ would be easier on my hips as he had a 2008 600RR also and about the same height.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is this "power delay" you speak of?
What I meant about power delay is simply having to downshift and accelerate out of a traffic situation if I am not running at 7K already, a gear lower than I would normally be.

One Liter would probably accelerate quicker at lower RPM?

Apparently not?

·
Registered
72 Posts
What I meant about power delay is simply having to downshift and accelerate out of a traffic situation if I am not running at 7K already, a gear lower than I would normally be.

One Liter would probably accelerate quicker at lower RPM?

Apparently not?
Im not sure about that, Ive ridden many liter bikes from all different companies, Hell i own one right now and previously owned a 08 600rr. If someone is saying the 1000 feels the same as the 600, i call ********! The only literbike that ive felt was sluggish at low rpms was the crossplane r1. Every other one has been night and day difference from any 600. You cant tell me that a 100hp 600 feels the same as a 170+hp 1000. Hp numbers are truly bs as you seem more concerned with torque, again the 1000s usually make double. The main difference I felt riding around town with liter bikes is in the low end to mid range, which most have plenty more than a 600. To me they feel easier to ride at low rpms and around town. Plus it still pulls harder than any 600 without downshifting. Imo go test ride some 1000cc bikes and see the difference for yourself. Honestly If you want that "instant power" feeling you have to try a speed triple r, I was amazed at the response. Sadly even the used ones are priced high :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not sure about that, Ive ridden many liter bikes from all different companies, :(
How does the CBR1KR compare to the others? Better for the street?

There will be a Suzuki Demo Ride coming the 17th of this Month, but the dealership said they doubt there will be a GSXR1K.

·
Registered
72 Posts

There will be a Suzuki Demo Ride coming the 17th of this Month, but the dealership said they doubt there will be a GSXR1K.
They usually never have the Supersport 1ks at demo days, we'll atleast where I'm at they don't.

Depends which model year cbr1k, Ive ridden the 06,09,and 12. The 06 is a great bike, I would have bought one if I came across it. Good midrange and still has a good top end. The 08+ had more midrange than all other brands besides the s1000rr at the time, I haven't ridden any of the new r1s,s1krr or the gen 5 zx10 so I'm not sure how they compare. Both year models are great with the 08+ being better imo, but the 08+ had a lot more issues than the 06. See if you can find a 08+ to test ride, I'm sure you'll be hooked once you feel that midrange power.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have heard the 2008 + CBR was a Beast for its power, though, I have heard it had oil burning issues among others. Some were saying alot of 08 + 1 Liter Bikes have issues...Quality Control going down???

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have heard the 2008 + CBR was a Beast for its power, though, I have heard it had oil burning issues among others. Some were saying alot of 08 + 1 Liter Bikes have issues...Quality Control going down???
My 09 still has that great honda build quality that we love. Most issues were with oil burning and also the primary gear whine. But that was only some of the 08-10 models. The issues were fixed in the 11+ models. Primary crank whine is the big deal imo because in order to fix it you have to replace the crankshaft. If you decide to look at one of those just do your research on what to look for.

I was dead set on getting the s1000rr after riding it, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend 17k on a bike. That's how I ended up with the 09 cbr1krr, imo has the best torque and midrange out of any other bike. Mine is geared as well -1/+2 so that makes it feel even more torquey. You have to be careful in 1st and 2nd or you will bring the wheel up very quickly. Most of this is because of the lack of electronics. Imo it's a great bike, Hell it's even the lightest out of all the 1000cc bikes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was dead set on getting the s1000rr after riding it, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend 17k on a bike. That's how I ended up with the 09 cbr1krr, imo has the best torque and midrange out of any other bike.
There seems to Universal Love for the S1000RR. Just about every sportbike rider wants one....Except for the Price Tag.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts