Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father recently bought a 2004 600RR from a insurance company. It looks as if a theif tried to get into the gas tank with a screw driver and a large hammer and dented the tank in. So far, i have taken all fairings off and the plastic tank cover. The tank is dented in and the gas cap lock seems to be messed up since the theif drove something in there. I have taken the surrounding allan key bolts out so far, but have no idea how to take the rest of the gascap off. Any ideas??
What sounds better... A. Buy a used gas tank with gascap and key. or B. Somehow get the gascap off, reshape the tank it to its near original shape and buy a used gascap and key. Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Bought it from an insurance company...Riiightt.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If the tank is pretty bad, just buy another tank and get a keyless gas cap, this way you don't have 2 keys.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don’t you love first posters asking these types of questions? I mean I’m no posting god or anything but the very first question is how to cheat the security on a bike. I smell something fishy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
what do you mean by that?..ever heard of salvage bidding and then fixing the bike and getting it inspected, re-registering the bike?

I'm posting this on the 600rr forum because i've never bid on a 600rr before, last week my dad won a bid on one, previously its only been gsxrs we've won. 1999 gsxr750, 99 gsxr600, 2001 gsxr1000, etc.

ccb7 said:
Bought it from an insurance company...Riiightt.
Here is a picture, i dont know how much it'l help though

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
If it was stolen what is the benefit of ruining the gas cap/can? I would just get another and the keyless cap as Tripage suggested.

·
Registered
767 Posts
ebay that sh----...new tank...+ keyless gascap..viola! now u can ride that stolen bike u "got"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts