Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone every build or know someone that has build one? my friends and i are looking for a summer project. and any info would be great

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've seen some like that. Not 600rr specific, but a friend had one with like a ninja motor in it. Overall a simple build. I just remember him having problems getting the rear axle to stay true enough to not throw the chain off. Think he ended up making the chain adjustment by moving the engine rather than moving the axle to tighten it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If they can put a busa engine in a smartcar then a 600rr engine in a go cart has got to be doable.

·
Registered
842 Posts
yeah ive seen tons of gixxer go karts.. im sure with a google search on gixxer kart or gsxr1000 kart you will find plenty and it would be pretty similar..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you looking for a race cart or an off road cart?

Soon I am going to start on a off road one with full suspension. I am deliberating between a 600 motorcycle engine and a two stroke snowmobile engine. I probably will do sled engine but the 600 would be a nice little challenge.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Are you looking for a race cart or an off road cart?

Soon I am going to start on a off road one with full suspension. I am deliberating between a 600 motorcycle engine and a two stroke snowmobile engine. I probably will do sled engine but the 600 would be a nice little challenge.
for an off road cart i would do a twin or single.. the inline 4 you would need really short gearing to get any torque..

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Think he ended up making the chain adjustment by moving the engine rather than moving the axle to tighten it.
Any kart has a solid axle so moving the engine is the only way to tighten the chain, racing karts anyways. I dunno about a cheapy fun kart.

·
Registered
61 Posts
for an off road cart i would do a twin or single.. the inline 4 you would need really short gearing to get any torque..
Good point. I guess my dreams of a F1 like shifter off road cart are going to be short lived. I will go with a 600 ish cc liquid cooled snowmobile engine turning a torque converter. Unless I get a SV650 or something???

Check out www.badlandbuggy.com

And someone mentioned Formula SAE. I dreamed of doing that while in college but the faculty was not on board. I beleive times have changed and UMaine will enter in the next year or two.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Not necessarily true. The rear axle can be on a cam.
Never seen that on a racing kart, but it could be on a fun kart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts