Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This for the past few weeks I've been in miami visiting family etc. and i heard about a track day at Homestead Speedway so I went and found a bike shop that rents out track bikes. and i had my stuff shipped down here from wisc. I rented a Yamaha R6. I did it with a group called south florida tracktime or somethign like that. It wasnt a bad bike it was really fast espically with it having engine work done to it. I liked it. he also let me try his GSXR 600 i didnt like the gsxr at all. i felt very uncomfortable on it. but all in all i still like my rr better. Just thought I'd share my weekend.

Any fellow rr riders there? i saw a few 600rr's there

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah yeah. i low sided it to. not bad. it was a slow low side. like a 30 mph low side. in a right hand turn. it got the windscreen (i dont know how, but snapped a lil piece off) right frame slider (saved the whole thing) and the right rear set. and this was on the R6. didnt get the pipe. or the body work. i was lucky. racing slick tires. track little wet from a previous rain. if anybody down in florida reads this you know what im talking about the short quick sudden rain showers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
205 for Sat. only. 350 for the rental of the bike and a 1000 crash deposit. i got the deposit back and i paid him 142 for the crash. so it wasnt to bad. kind of expensive. but it sure beats sitting up in Wisc. freezing.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I've heard about Homestead, altho i wouldn't wanna ride that track really.

Pretty cool that you found a shop that rents bikes.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
So what was the sin? Nothing wrong with riding (and liking) other bikes. I actually like the R6 on track very much. Won't be trading in my 600RR though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So what was the sin? Nothing wrong with riding (and liking) other bikes. I actually like the R6 on track very much. Won't be trading in my 600RR though.
I love my 600rr to death. The R6 didnt feel right.

1000 they can keep that. That is way too much of a deposit to risk losing.
I got the deposit back and everything. I just paid him cash for the damages.

What year was the R6? ..just curious
It was a older model. I believe a 05

1 - 17 of 17 Posts