Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have been reading a lot that the 2007/2008 600RR is the best and I believe it. What are peoples experiences with them compared to other bikes/ older 600RRs.
My big comparison is between the 2008 R6 and 2008 600RR. Any input?

Few things I like/dislile about the 600RR:
documented performance
Weight
seat height/position
undertail exhaust

Dislikes (strictly cosmetic)
2008 paint schemes...
headlights
turn signals (easily changed)

·
Registered
841 Posts
the bike will be more than you can handle until you become confident as a rider. Then, it will still be a sweet bike that handles but with not enough torque. then you will wish you owned the 1000rr

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
There is a massive difference between the 06 and 07 600RR. Not sure about other bikes.

The 06 is still a great bike. But, on the track, if you go from the 07 (or 08 in my case) to the 06, you are like holy **** this thing is a ******* pig with no power.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I ride an 04 R6 on the track, and that thing has got some pretty good power. But, the 07 Honda freaking stomps it as far as midrange goes. I have yet to really flog the cbr on the track, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully soon, and I can give a good comparo of the bikes.

The R6 has a lot of suspension work done to it, so that feels pretty good. The 07 feels pretty wallowy around town, but I stiffened up the compression and it feels a lot better. I need to take it to the track to really feel the differences.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am leaning more towards the 600RR the more i wait. I have a friend trying to get rid of his 2007 R6 for a decent price but I dont think the shortcomings are worth it. Tough call damn it

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
don't get a yamaha dude, get a honda!

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can't go wrong with the 600rr, its a great bike and performs well. With that said though if you are looking for strictly a trackbike I would say a gsx-r 600 for the simple fact that its so much easier to get parts for. Next time your at the track take a look around, you might see 4 hondas, 4 kawi's, 10 yamaha's, and a ton of gsxr's. I plan on getting rid of my 600rr next year and getting a gsxr for the track and probably a 1000rr for the street.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can't go wrong with the 600rr, its a great bike and performs well. With that said though if you are looking for strictly a trackbike I would say a gsx-r 600 for the simple fact that its so much easier to get parts for. Next time your at the track take a look around, you might see 4 hondas, 4 kawi's, 10 yamaha's, and a ton of gsxr's. I plan on getting rid of my 600rr next year and getting a gsxr for the track and probably a 1000rr for the street.
I am looking strictly for a street bike. I have had some bad experiences on a track in cars so I plan to stay away. (lets see how that works out)
If i can pick up a 2008 RR for 8500 OTD I think its the winner.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Praise: all the power I would want from a bike, confidence inspiring turning, steering dampening, mean look, basically became an extension of my body in a week.

Gripes: I'm kind of lanky, so it's a little cramped. Haven't gotten a chance to take it to the track. And that's it...

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I am looking strictly for a street bike. I have had some bad experiences on a track in cars so I plan to stay away. (lets see how that works out)
If i can pick up a 2008 RR for 8500 OTD I think its the winner.
that's a great price, maybe wait a lil longer before end of the year. Or you can score a low mileage 07 for less than $7k these days and have extra $$ to boot for mods!

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is a massive difference between the 06 and 07 600RR. Not sure about other bikes.

The 06 is still a great bike. But, on the track, if you go from the 07 (or 08 in my case) to the 06, you are like holy **** this thing is a ******* pig with no power.
I rode a stockers 07, couldnt wait to get back onto my 06 with pipe and -1 front sprocket, the new one felt so flat down low.

Having said that stock for stock, the 07 is of course better, but I dont think the difference is quite "holy ****"

·
Registered
810 Posts
Praise - rr7.
Brakes - amazing.
Engine - feels much larger than a 600 & actually has torque!
Handling - very light & flickable.
Comfort - for a supersport 600 the seat is excellent.

Gripes.
no fuel reserve tap.
lack of underseat (or anywhere) storage.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Pros of the 07 rr vs 07 r6

rr pros
----------------
better torque
better seat
fuel guage
lower rpm powerband

r6 pros
----------------
slipper clutch
more rear seat storage
higher rev limit

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seriously, no under seat storage? Not even enough for gloves or sunglasses?
Not that its a deal breaker...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I rode a stockers 07, couldnt wait to get back onto my 06 with pipe and -1 front sprocket, the new one felt so flat down low.

Having said that stock for stock, the 07 is of course better, but I dont think the difference is quite "holy ****"
I'm not just talking about power.

And yes, it is. Probably not if you're just comparing street riding the 07 to street riding the 06 though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts