Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay sorry, I tried to post this in the 03' parts section but for some reason .net wouldnt let me. so- let me get down to it, At the end of last season i took my last ride and noticed my left weight on my handlebar was missing. Did not notice the loss during the ride, but while getting off it i noticed.

I forgot about it, but since warm weather is here,(for a while)it got me in the mood to start getting my bike ready for spring(i know its a ways away).

Well here is picture of the item incase you don't know what i'm talkin about.

This is the right one, i am missing my left. here is an image of it next to where it goes into the bars.

Now i have several questions... first of all... the reason for posting this is.... i cannot for the life of my find out WHAT this part is called... i went to servicehonda.com looked in my owners manual looked on other web pages...

being i am 18, and my 600rr was the first big purchase of my life... i am ANAL about my bike. I want this back on the bike... I know things can't be perfect, but i want to be as close as i can... does anyone know where i can buy this item? I will buy a set or what ever i need to do...

Secondly If i turn the weight (or what ever it is) when it is SCREWED in tightly, is the screw supposed to turn??? the reason i ask is because i fear i may have stripped the threading inside the bars while putting the screw in i have now... I know i know im an idiot. I didn't crank down on it hard... but maybe it was just a little too much.

anyway, it has a notch on it, and the inside has a notch where it looks like it could sit and not turn, it looks as if it shouldnt turn... anyway, please help me! :) thanks guys i know you all are great helping...

by the way, please don't bash on me too hard :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uhh. so you think i just need to order part #'s 21(bolt/screw) 26 (washer) and 11 ( weight) ?? just so i don't forget something.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
It's called a bar end.

Those are probably all you need, try screwing the right bar end into the left side to make sure nothing else came out. It's a huge pain in the ass if you need to replace everything that's inside the clipon. And use loctite on both screws.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's called a bar end.

Those are probably all you need, try screwing the right bar end into the left side to make sure nothing else came out. It's a huge pain in the ass if you need to replace everything that's inside the clipon. And use loctite on both screws.
Good idea.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
It's called a bar end.

+1 make sure you didn't lose the internals of the clip on, given you just need the bar end complete i would get 11,12,13,26,21

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 make sure you didn't lose the internals of the clip on, given you just need the bar end complete i would get 11,12,13,26,21

thanks man

i put my right one onto the left, fits fine, only thing missing is the bar end, screw/bolt and a washer, the washer seems unimportant and the bar end seems to stay on better without it... any ideas?

·
Registered
82 Posts
If the barend is broken, the weight might've slipped out too. That's what happened to my left clipon so I'm looking to buy a left clip on weight. Too bad Ron Ayer charges way too much for shipping.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the barend is broken, the weight might've slipped out too. That's what happened to my left clipon so I'm looking to buy a left clip on weight. Too bad Ron Ayer charges way too much for shipping.
Could the barend be broken if my right weight screws in nicely and tightly?

or do i jsut need the Weight n Screw...

I'm still debating on weather i need that washer, my dads an auto Mechanic (a good one) might i add ( not biased ) he owns his own shop and has kept it going for over 24 years.... he said the washer isnt required... and theres like a sleeve inside that is spinning... should this sleeve be twisting ( the sleeve that the screw threads into) ???

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered them, I'll let you guys know, I have loctite and ill be using it on both sides when i install. THanks guys :)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Depending on what type of riding you do those will tear the **** out of your right glove. My buddy bought a track bike with those, and it ripped right through his right glove's palm because on right hand turns he slid his hand down to just grab the throttle with his index and middle finger. If you always keep your hands on just the grip I guess it wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Depending on what type of riding you do those will tear the **** out of your right glove. My buddy bought a track bike with those, and it ripped right through his right glove's palm because on right hand turns he slid his hand down to just grab the throttle with his index and middle finger. If you always keep your hands on just the grip I guess it wouldn't be a problem.
You have friends? :bootyshak

1 - 16 of 16 Posts