Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Im new to the RR club. I just got a '03 yellow RR (Hey no more yellow jokes) :lol2: . I love the bike but i havent been able to take it out yet (legaly haha). I dont have insurance. I like in NJ and was wondering if any of you could help me out with insurance. I am 20 years old. Will be 21 in July. Any recomendations on what insurance i should try? I have AAA for my car but they dont insure bikes. Also do you think i should just get liability if need be? I mean i am a responsible rider, have been riding for a while with my cousin, who got me into bikes. The bike is garage kept so im not too worried about it being stolen. Let me know your thoughts.

thanks

luke

·
Registered
937 Posts
Rider Insurance Agency Inc
120 mountain ave
po box 1319
springfield, nj 07081
973-258-9500

They quoted me 726 bucks a year -full coverage on my RR.

I'm 27 (single when i got the insurance) and 1 ticket on my record.

I have to thank CorelOne for getting me the connection. Saved my 37% :rocker:

C

·
0 Posts
Dude, by far Rider Insurance Agency is the cheapest in NJ. BY FAR! I am at work so I dont have the number in front of me, but when I get home, I'll hook you up if you dont find it. I pay $840/year full coverage. I am swithching car insurance to All State and I asked if they insured bikes and she said it would be around what I pay now/yr for 6 months. Gotta go Rider, $840 is as cheap as it is going to get.

By the way, I am 22 will be 23 in July with a clean driving record...just to give you a little reference.

C

·
0 Posts
There you gonj600rr got the hook up, now you got it. You can send the savings to my paypal account...jk :mrgreen:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick info. I heard of the Rider insurance company but i never called. I thought that it was some local company with high rates. Hmm... sometimes its worth it to check. Thanks again. I will let you know how much they quoted me!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well by far the cheapest motorcycle insurance in NJ, that I have seen, is State Farm. There is a catch though. State Farm isn't accepting new policies. If you already have a policy with them, you can add the motorcycle to it.

I am 24 and single/no tickets/full coverage and I pay $253 a year for the RR.

:( I know this won't help you because unfortunately you don't have State Farm, but it may help others who already have State Farm Insurance in NJ.

Before I called State Farm I was going to go with Rider Insurance as well. The dealer was really pushing them.

C

·
0 Posts
OutrGarage,
$253/yr full coverage?!?!?! That is insane. Thats beat they are not taking new policies. No insurace company wants to be in NJ, so we good screwed with high rates.

·
Registered
379 Posts
That sucks that state farm isn't accepting new policies there. Does anyone know why that is, i have never heard of that before. i live in the midwest, in kansas city and i have 03 yellow RR that i bought brand new. I am 22 years old and my insurance is only 32 dollars a month, for full coverage. As far as i know nationwide the cheapest insurance company for motorcycles is state farm, so if you can get them DO IT. LOL

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
CorleoneRR said:
Dude, by far Rider Insurance Agency is the cheapest in NJ. BY FAR! I am at work so I dont have the number in front of me, but when I get home, I'll hook you up if you dont find it. I pay $840/year full coverage. I am swithching car insurance to All State and I asked if they insured bikes and she said it would be around what I pay now/yr for 6 months. Gotta go Rider, $840 is as cheap as it is going to get.

By the way, I am 22 will be 23 in July with a clean driving record...just to give you a little reference.
Allstate are friggin ridiculously over priced. You ought to check out progressive for auto insurance. they cut my allstate bill in half when I first switched to them.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Whoppyjon91 said:
That sucks that state farm isn't accepting new policies there. Does anyone know why that is,
No but I do know of people that have been totally screwed by them when they filed a claim. A neighbor wrecked his car, He still owed over a grand on it, the car booked at 3K plus and he got a $400 dollar check from state farm when they totaled it out, nine months later.

·
Registered
19 Posts
State Farm is almost like a club. If you're in, cool! If not, take a hike. I think to get in the club you have to start with a homeowners policy.

I have been in the State Farm club for many years. I have multiple SF policies, including home, business, life, four cars and three bikes. And not to bum you out or anything, but I insure my 600RR for $119 annual, full coverage. Read it and weep. (One of the few benefits of being old in flyover country.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
re: insurance

go with rider insurance...as i'm sure you've been told it's the cheapest rate you'll find!!! i was actually able to get it at my dealer their an agent.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got state farm $42 dollars a month with a $200 deductible, and $2500 worth of medical insurance included. You cant beat that. :mrgreen:
GET FULL COVERAGE I DONT CARE HOW GOOD A RIDER YOU ARE ITS THE OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE YOU HITTING YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO WORY ABOUT. :wink:
You will be kicking yourself if you do happen to get in a wreck, or it gets stolen and all you have is Liability. :bitchslap:

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
what kidna coverage does those prices include?
does that include comp for you guys and what kind of deductables..

im 23,, will be 24 in mid May..I have a clean driving record- no tickets or accidents.. i have had my drivers license for 5 years but my bike license for less than a year.. and on a new 2004 600RR i got a quote from Progressive website that with full comp, and $1,000 deductables on bike, a year would cost me $1,650.00 THAT IS A JOKE!!!!

what is the best bet for New York State? can anyone help me???

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got off the phone with Rider insurance. Full coverage for me in NJ (im 20 with a clean record) is $1623 per year. When i turn 21 in july it goes down to $1052 per year. Liability however is only $435 for me right now. What should I choose? Considering that the bike is garage kept. Also if i drop it and its only scratched up i most likely will pay for the damages myself and not go through the insurance anyway. What whould I do?
thanks

Luke

C

·
0 Posts
HighLineCBR,
Wow, I cant believe that they are that high. I hope they didnt have a rate increase because I have to renew in April.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just as a reminder i am 22 and pay about 400 a year for full coverage through State Farm. I have bodily injury/property damage liability. 500 deduct comprehensive and 500 deduct collision, and uninsured motor vehicle. Sounds pretty good to me. I am covered by my health care provider for that sort of thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts