Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was just curious as to how long a 600rr would last before things start to fail on it just from ware and tare. Also what are some of the first things to fail on the bike as it gets older? I'm a new owner and have an 05' with almost 15k miles on it. Just wondering how long I will be able to own it before I have to dump more money into it as long as i don't wreck on it.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
honestly
my bike has 50,000km on an 04
and the engines just warming up
its only cuz most people dont rack up the km's that much but its a honda engine

·
Registered
543 Posts
uh im guessing forever if you do the regular matinence on it. i dont see anything happening until at least 50k-100k i mean you cant really say because every bike will be treated differently...just like a car some take a **** at 40k some live on for 1 million miles....and alot of bikes get totaled way before their time is up. id say if you maintain it regularly and have all of its services done then there is nothing to worry about for at least 50k miles...

·
Registered
741 Posts
^ damn girl thats alot of riding ... i have like 3500km on mine 07

anyway .. since its a honda id say 30yrs ... 1st thing to fall out is prop the stocks header if you ride in the rain alot

·
Banned
120 Posts
I'll tell ya, I was sold on buying a Honda when I got to ride an old CB750. The thing had almost 30k miles on it (not a lot, of course), but was abused to complete hell. Maintenance was rare and the thing looked like complete ****. Bike ran like a champ, shifted perfectly and everything was functional.

If Honda can produce cars that last a lifetime for some people, cars with over 400,000 miles and still going strong, I won't doubt their motorcycles.

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
My 06 has 60k on it....the only thing I have changed was the oil every 2.5-4k......still OEM spark plugs.

I track my bike and ride it HARD....it's also my commuter. 200 miles a day. It still dyno's at the same power as it did when I bought it 2 years ago....

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It'll last you as long as you want it to, as long as the regular maintenance is performed and it's not beat to hell. It's a Honda, no worries.... just ride it and enjoy :icon_lol:

My F4i just turned 130,000 miles the other night and still running like new. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about for a good long while

·
Registered
310 Posts
It'll last you as long as you want it to, as long as the regular maintenance is performed and it's not beat to hell. It's a Honda, no worries.... just ride it and enjoy :icon_lol:

My F4i just turned 130,000 miles the other night and still running like new. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about for a good long while
I demand pics!!!!!

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
damn, I wish I could put miles on mine like that... I gotta get outta this cold and back to texas

oh, and it should run forever... Im still beatin the **** outta my 1972 honda sl125... cant kill it.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Lesson I was taught long ago, and practice to this day: maintenance adds to longevity. Always maintain your ride and she'll purr longer than you expected.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry for a thread jack, but I live in a condominium (sp?), so I don't have a garage, I try to cover my bike as often as possible, but it still gets rained on, is there anything I could do to prevent outside natural damage to my baby? thanks for the help guys.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Sorry for a thread jack, but I live in a condominium (sp?), so I don't have a garage, I try to cover my bike as often as possible, but it still gets rained on, is there anything I could do to prevent outside natural damage to my baby? thanks for the help guys.
why not post a new thread?

and no there isn't anything more than covering it... unless if you duck tape a few fridge boxes together, wrap them in saran wrap, and keep it in your parking spot in the place of your bike to keep it covered everyday... and even then the damn thing could blow away with the right gust of wind

·
Registered
753 Posts
Welcome to the forum. 2 bits of advice:

1. There is a search function. Use it if you don't want to get flamed.

2. Start your own thread if you have a question. That'll get almost EVERYONE on this site to help you with your problem

Also, just a piece of general advice, if you say something to the effect of "Not to *insert action here*, but", you probably shouldn't do that action. :bootyshak

·
Registered
810 Posts
How long do bikes last...
Well this is my GF's ride a 1990 CBR400rr (NC29) & it just did 3,000 + miles in 13 days around europe.

All you need to know is that if it is a HONDA, it will have a lot better chance of working long term than any of the other manufactures.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts