Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of bikes making it to the 35000 miles mark (street bikes, not bikes in general). I dont race my bike hard, I take great care of it and all. I was just wondering what the life expectancy of a street bike is? I plan on keeping my 04 rr until it dies bc its the best thing I have ever owned.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya agreed, my 90 hatchback has 325 g and still runs excellent. My 01 Civic ex has almost 90g and hasnt seen the dealer sense it was bought!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awsome!! that is freaking great bc its going to take me 3 or 4 years to get that much!! whew hooo

C

·
0 Posts
Motorcycle engines are just like a car engine when it comes to maitenance. Like everyone else has said, if you take care of it properly (ie oil changes, scheduled maitenance), then it should make it well beyond 100,000 to be honest. Especially considering its a Honda. The only reason you never see bikes with that kind of mileage is everyone with a sportbike always wants the latest and greatest.

I ride with my Uncle and some of his Goldwing buddies (ok, laugh at me) sometimes and a few of them have bikes in the 100,000 range. Of course those are touring bikes, but in the end it makes no difference.

·
Registered
494 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Look to the military for this answer. They can tell you it's all in the maintenance of the vehicle. Take care of your vehicle and it will take care of you. ;-)
Why do you have to look to the military for an answer that anyone who is mechanically inclined can give you? Obviously the better you maintain a vehicle, the longer it's going to last...

·
Registered
392 Posts
7,000 in one year of its life. . . Lets see how year 2 does. . .

·
Registered
116 Posts
I put 36,000 miles on my old 1989 fzr 1000 in two and a half years. With all the new technology in the bikes nowadays and the HONDA logo on the tank, you'll grow tired of the bike long before it will let you down, as long as you take care of it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts