Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have just purchased my first sport bike. 2003 CBR600rr. Until now I have been riding much larger touring bikes, most recently a 06 Honda VTX1300. Really enjoying it so far but a lot for me to learn. If anyone is in South East WI it would be great to connect with you. Current problem to solve, instrument cluster works but does not display speed or track mileage. Speedometer cycles through when I turn on the bike , just does not register speed.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Hey all, I have just purchased my first sport bike. 2003 CBR600rr. Until now I have been riding much larger touring bikes, most recently a 06 Honda VTX1300. Really enjoying it so far but a lot for me to learn. If anyone is in South East WI it would be great to connect with you. Current problem to solve, instrument cluster works but does not display speed or track mileage. Speedometer cycles through when I turn on the bike , just does not register speed.
Welcome.

Your speed sensor should be on top of the transmission, above the output shaft or someplace similar. Check the sensor and wiring from it to the harness to be sure it’s in good shape and not damaged.

Service manual would be a good friend to have for this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts