Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a few post on this board and other message boards that suggest the 600RR is not the best bike for everyday street riding. Is this just a few people who feel like this??

I've owned an 01 R6 and I'm looking to get another 600 fairly quickly for crusing around. I want to get a 2004-2006 RR but if they aren't that comfortable then I may want to reconsider. Please don't flame me, I'm just looking for honest help!!! Thanks

·
Registered
830 Posts
yes, it's not the most comfortable, but it's do able.. it's designed for the track.. i've haven't had the chance (or skill yet) to take it on the track though.. it's all about what you define as comfortable.. i ride my rr on the street, but i have to scretch every hour.. i have an SV 650, and it's a lot more comfortable.. so to answer your question, it's not the most comfortable.. there are others that are, but it's do able. i would guess that 80% of the rr's are riding only on the street

·
Registered
86 Posts
i ride mine to work and back every day. it goes on big trips 900km+ (600 miles i guess)

it's not the most comfortable, but it ain't that bad. just have a few breaks on the big trips. tis good!

·
Registered
445 Posts
When i owned my F4i i could literally ride all day and not get sore anywhere. I spent 5 minutes on my friend's RR and by the time i got off it my ass hurt and lower back was tense.
I ride an RC51 now and my buddy (that had the RR) rides a Mille. My butt only starts to hurt after about an hour on the RC, and my buddy never gets sore on his mille.
The RR is by far the most uncomfortable bike i've ever been on...but, it's also the most flickable and nimble feeling. For mostly cruising around, i'd probably get another F4i (if it were to be a 600 inline), but the agressiveness of the RR is still really tempting.
It's up to you to weigh what's most important to you in your next bike.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't expect it to be a goldwing, but just not too uncomfortable. I also plan on changing the seat to a Corbin to make it more comfy. I won't be taking long rides just some local riding no farther than 20 miles one way. Thanks for all the replies it makes me feel a lot better about my soon to be purchase.

·
Registered
919 Posts
slvrblckrr said:
When i owned my F4i i could literally ride all day and not get sore anywhere. I spent 5 minutes on my friend's RR and by the time i got off it my ass hurt and lower back was tense.
I ride an RC51 now and my buddy (that had the RR) rides a Mille. My butt only starts to hurt after about an hour on the RC, and my buddy never gets sore on his mille.
The RR is by far the most uncomfortable bike i've ever been on...but, it's also the most flickable and nimble feeling. For mostly cruising around, i'd probably get another F4i (if it were to be a 600 inline), but the agressiveness of the RR is still really tempting.
It's up to you to weigh what's most important to you in your next bike.
Weird, I had an F4i before my RR and I think my RR is more comfortable.
Especially with the Corbin.

Well to put it more accurately the RR is less uncomfortable than the F4i for me... everybody is different I guess. But yeah, the RR is not conducive to iron butt rallies.

·
Registered
830 Posts
soonermagik said:
I don't expect it to be a goldwing, but just not too uncomfortable. I also plan on changing the seat to a Corbin to make it more comfy. I won't be taking long rides just some local riding no farther than 20 miles one way. Thanks for all the replies it makes me feel a lot better about my soon to be purchase.
corbin will improve (so i hear).. 20 miles?? you good on the stock seat for a lot longer than that.. if 20 miles is all you average per trip, you'll be good.. you'll need to strech about once every 70 miles or every hour..

·
Registered
249 Posts
first bike, and it feels hard on my wrists when i forget to use my legs against the tank. i think i could ride for 2 or 3 hours straight if i had the chance to. the seat feels fine, dont know what everyone complains about (just comparison to other bikes)

try to sit on a RR and see how you like it.

if i were you, i would get:
04-05: RR
05: RR or ZX-6R
06: GSX-R 600/750 or ZX-6R

i got a 06 RR but i was just suggesting something comfortable for 06.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I wouldn't want to ride the RR on the street. Seat's too uncomfortable, riding position too agressive. plus I'm only 5'7" and can't put both feet on the ground.

but as a trackbike, it's awesome!

·
Registered
573 Posts
It can be great for anything after you get used to it. I rode an F4I today, and it was more confortable in the sense of just riding straight, but if you want to carve it up the RR is much more flickable and planted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah.. I think that its something that you have to get used to. In the beginning its was uncomfortable but as I settled in to it it got more conmfortable.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
it's not the most comfortable seat, but you do get use to it after awhile.

·
Registered
364 Posts
There are a lot more comfortable 600s to ride on the street. The 636 has a seat to just die for and the '06 GSXR600 seat height is nearly an inch lower than the 600RR. If you've already got a R6 and want something more "streetable", I'd grab an SV650. If you're looking for a replacement, the 600RR is a nice way to go, but the 636 and GSXR600 are much more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I've been doing 30-40 mile rides while breaking in the bike and my backs been sore. It really could be the constant acceleration/deceleration though (mototune). The pains not that bad and I don't think it gets worse. Going on a 100+ mile ride tomorrow so we'll see.

The seat does suck, but if you scoot back a tad and sit up its REALLY comfy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I never really got sore.. Im in pretty decent shape, but my butt does hurt after a longer (40+ minute trip) and after a trip I do need to give it a quick streach.. I don't think you'd regret buying one...
Shade-

·
Registered
659 Posts
The longer you have the bike the more comfortable it should feel. The riding position on different bikes isolate different muscles and muscle groups. Through use, your body strengths these muscles; the pain you fell is probably overexherted muscle fatigue. You should exercise and stretch routinely to aid your riding endurance; motorcycling is an involved activity.

Unfortunately, the seat is pretty stiff its well known, but you shouldn't stay planted flat on your a** when riding anyway. Use your lower body by weighting the pegs when manuevering the bike. Additionally adjust you levers for proper and comforatble use, don't strain your wrist for something that is easily adjusted.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts