Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting a bike in about 2 weeks. The dilemma I face is which bike to get. I've already decided on honda. I had a 2004 600RR previously. My focus is going to be on track riding. I love the 600rr, but the reviews I've read on the 1000rr suggest that it's also a great track bike. I'm a 100% complete newbie at track riding. Never actually been on a track, so would the 600 be a better decision?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Yes the 600 would be better. I just got the new 08 and while it is a fun ride it takes a bit more skill to really utilize the power. Learn cornerspeed first then you can move to more power

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
600 would be the easier bike to learn on based on your previous exp

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
+1!!! The 08 1000RR is an AWESOME bike! But a 600 will help you learn better, faster!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
+1 to the 600 (07) if you can get it.
But the 08 1kRR is so tempting... :icon_lol:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would suggest the 600 as well. Some of my buddies with 1K's actually complain a little that its too much power for some of the tracks around here, they say its hard to get out of third gear haha.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
ill get a 1000 eventually in another 2years or so. I just love my 600 so much

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yep, get a 600

Ive heard that on the track, especially to virgin track riders, the 1000 is so much that its almost not even fun just because you've always got to worry about giving it too much whereas on the 600, spinning the rear on the corner exit isnt as big of a problem. Dont get me wrong though, you've still got to be on your toes with a 600 but you get my point

Learning on smaller bikes helps you become a better rider rather than just hopping on a 1000

Another thing is that alot of track riders get the biggest kick out of being on their 600, and passing rider after rider on 1000's just because they can better control the bike

Not only all that but, I think a 600 would be better because you can get a 600 and for the first couple seasons, it'll feel real fast but whats so great is once you're used to it, you'll still have another step left; the liter bikes. You can go out and get a 1000 and it'll be that rush all over again, like when you first started riding the 600 and it'll feel crazy fast. If you go straight to a 1000, then once you want something faster than well... there really ISNT anything faster, so then you're left dumping a bunch of coin into that bike to feel that rush again

I think you getting the 6 will make you a better rider, and allow you to have alot more fun for alot longer

600 ftw!

·
Registered
841 Posts
the angel says: "get the easier bike to ride, why tempt your soul with all that raw, evil energy.."

the devil says, "hell with it! stop bein a wuss! no guts no glory!"

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright so I go to pick up my new 600RR tomorrow. They only have two that I could find on the Island of Oahu, one silver and one oragne and black. So, I'm going with the orange and black.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Congrats man let the addiction begin

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Niner
Sweet pictures man the 2 cousins look great together in one picture
action pictures for the older cousin are also awesome looks like
they were taken at Jennings

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Listen to Wolley. He's sick fast and knows what he's talking about. I would also suggest a 600. Trust me, you won't be short on power. And all those liter bikes that pass you on the straight, you'll get 'em back on the brakes for T1.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Niner
Sweet pictures man the 2 cousins look great together in one picture
action pictures for the older cousin are also awesome looks like
they were taken at Jennings
Thanks, just trying to stir the pot a little! LOL

Yes they were taken at T11 (Jennings)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts