Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 600rr right now but I have heard some really good things about the 954 (and 929). I was just wondering what you guys thought?

I have tried to compare the two and I was suprised to hear a lot of people like my bike more. What do you all think of the 929 and 954?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
i say stick with the 600..the 954 is a nice bike and I've heard a lot of good things about it but the 600 had a lot of new technology in it..plus the fact that if you have insurance it'll be cheaper on the 600 than on the 954..just my 2 cents

·
Registered
492 Posts
If someone wanted to trade me staight up for a 954 I would do it in a heart beat. 954 > RR

·
Registered
57 Posts
ya ur on a 600rr forum / but that being said if u could get the gunmetal 954 theres no question...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have riden the 954. ididn't like it. I guess it depends on how you ride and what you do. if you just like riding around town and going fast in a straight line the 954 will win. But I like the way the RR handles overall in the twisties compaired to the 954 the RR win each time. that just my 2cents.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Steve-o said:
I have riden the 954. ididn't like it. I guess it depends on how you ride and what you do. if you just like riding around town and going fast in a straight line the 954 will win. But I like the way the RR handles overall in the twisties compaired to the 954 the RR win each time. that just my 2cents.
i live in florida...no such thing as "twisties"....and if i could trade someone straight up my rr for that gunmetal 954...DONE!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
LOL Toe, bluntly stated!

Anyways, me personally, the 600rr has all the power I need, you can pop a wheelie in 2nd... how much more do you really need man? I honestly still think that literbikes are for bragging rights only. I still get an itching for a literbike, just because it's more power, but when it comes down to it, I don't need it, and I don't really see myself getting to that point either. The difference in straight line speed is actually quite sad, because the 954 is not much better, if at all anymore. If you ride corners at all, I think the bigger bike will disappoint you now that you are used to the 600rr.

Lots of things to consider, but for me... it's pretty much hands down.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i think in the end it comes down to preference and what makes the rider feel better. i was an inch away from buying the 954, but it had like 10K miles on it, and the silver 05 RR looked money, so my decision was made, and i don't regret it

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have ridden the 900,929,954 and I didn't really like them.
The 954 is an ok bike but the years that is was out you had the R1 you had the gixxer1000 the Ducatis and the 954 was keepin up with those bikes but it was always at the end.
The 600RR is def. plenty of bike but if you do wanna upgrade I'd go with the 1000RR...can't go wrong there. Or if you like v-twins RC51 is your daddy

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Tuff decision.... like a lot the 600RR... but the extra power on the 954 is tempting.
Try to ride both and see wich one you feel more confortable.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Mig said:
... but the extra power on the 954 is tempting.
Try to ride both and see wich one you feel more confortable.
I would have the RR over the 954 any day. I do love the 954 but isnt any better in the canyons than the RR, even with the extra power. I have two buddies that ride 954's and they can keep up with me pretty good but not great...at the track its even more noticable...they keep joking about leaving me for dead on the front straight but they haven't GOTTEN to the last corner with me yet to prove it.

the 954 eats tires at an alarming rate when ridden well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
954 for performance

600 for looks

that's my pick. I like my 600, but I wish it had more power coming out of the corners. But if you are more into looks....you just can't beat the looks of the 600 w/ undertail exhaust.

or get the best of both worlds and get a 1000rr.

·
Registered
203 Posts
pantablo said:
I would have the RR over the 954 any day. I do love the 954 but isnt any better in the canyons than the RR, even with the extra power. I have two buddies that ride 954's and they can keep up with me pretty good but not great...at the track its even more noticable...they keep joking about leaving me for dead on the front straight but they haven't GOTTEN to the last corner with me yet to prove it.

the 954 eats tires at an alarming rate when ridden well.
I had a 954 which I loved, now have a 600RR. The 954 will walk the 600rr down the straight that's for sure (about the same weight and approx 25-30hp more), with that aside I'll take the 600rr for track duty. Much more stable through the corners, better front end feel and just fits me better. It takes a very smooth throttle hand to go quickly with a liter bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts