Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here it is..i have an 03 600rr with 10,1xx miles..i have quite a bit done to it..if i sell it how much should i be looking to get...if i do sell it which bike should i get..i like the 07-08 600rr but i will have to pay the difference..i also like my friends 05 636 which he will sell for pretty cheap..last thing is just keep what i have and wait for an 09..so what should i do

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mods List:

Yoshi. RS-5 Full System
Yoshi T.E.C. Spark Arrestor
Power Commander PC3 USB
Vortex Clip-Ons
Vortex 15t Fr.Sprocket
Vortex Frame Sliders
Swing Arm Spools
Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
Speedo Healer v.4
Progrip Gel Grips
RK Gold Chain
Valter Moto Rearsets w/ Carbon Fiber Heel Guards
Factory Pro (style) V-Stacks
G-Craft (style) Rr. Reservoir
Goodridge Rear Pressure Switch
Goodridge kevlar Fr.Lines
EBC HH Brake Pads
Pirelli Diablo Rossa's
CA Integrated Tail Light
Yanashiki Flush Mount Signals
Dbl Bubble Dark Smoke Screen
Tech Spec Tank Pads
LED Passenger Pegs
LED Rear Hugger License Plate Light
LED Crazy Eyez (a.k.a. Demon Eyes)
LED Accent Lighting (red)
Fender Eliminator
Dual hi/low Xenon Headlights
75watt amp, (3)- 1"tweeters, (1)- 3.5" 2-way speaker
Battery Tender (with hookup)
Black: Levers, Forks, Swingarm, Case Covers, Passenger Pegs

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
wait for an 09.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Id wait for a 09 dood.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
wait for '09. if you can find a buyer who knows what all of that's worth and how much blood, sweat and tears all that work entails- i'd think you may be able to get ~$6000-$6500 for it. unfortunately, in actuality, expensive mods don't translate into what you sell a bike for as much as most people would like. many bikes will sell for identical prices- one with mods out the ass, the other stock... i'd say that if you can get $6000 for your bike- you've done well, despite the fact that it sounds like it's worth more like $7000-$7500.

why do you want to sell that bike!? it sounds AWESOME!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i love the bike...my last bike was an 03 f4i...i love honda's..i just like modifying more then anything..i have considered starting up a little business..buying wrecked bikes and prepping for track and sell them..i have a passion for fixing things..mechanic by blood...dad is ASE and has been forever...he was doing the same thing at my age and he then went to the military as a helicopter mechanic..i would leave my current job in a sec. for a job working on bikes but i work at a family business so its not really worth it....i ran out of mods..i can get crazy and do marchesini and 05 front but then i really wouldnt get anything when i sell it..i just want another bike to mod up..i thought about just buying another and doing the same as this bike just to do it...call it alot of time and $$...not sure though..plus i like the 07-08 cbr 600rr in white..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mods List:

Yoshi. RS-5 Full System
Yoshi T.E.C. Spark Arrestor
Power Commander PC3 USB
Vortex Clip-Ons
Vortex 15t Fr.Sprocket
Vortex Frame Sliders
Swing Arm Spools
Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
Speedo Healer v.4
Progrip Gel Grips
RK Gold Chain
Valter Moto Rearsets w/ Carbon Fiber Heel Guards
Factory Pro (style) V-Stacks
G-Craft (style) Rr. Reservoir
Goodridge Rear Pressure Switch
Goodridge kevlar Fr.Lines
EBC HH Brake Pads
Pirelli Diablo Rossa's
CA Integrated Tail Light
Yanashiki Flush Mount Signals
Dbl Bubble Dark Smoke Screen
Tech Spec Tank Pads
LED Passenger Pegs
LED Rear Hugger License Plate Light
LED Crazy Eyez (a.k.a. Demon Eyes)
LED Accent Lighting (red)
Fender Eliminator
Dual hi/low Xenon Headlights
75watt amp, (3)- 1"tweeters, (1)- 3.5" 2-way speaker
Battery Tender (with hookup)
Black: Levers, Forks, Swingarm, Case Covers, Passenger Pegs
no ****???

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol..yeah..its a thing i do..i had it on the f4i also..but it had 2) 3.5"speakers and 2) 6x9 speakers...u can hear it with visor down at 75mph..up to 85mph with visor up...i can even hear it with ear plugs up to 60mph(maybe faster but havent tried)...the looks on ppl face when i roll up with music blasting is priceless..they look around trying to figure it out

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
lol..yeah..its a thing i do..i had it on the f4i also..but it had 2) 3.5"speakers and 2) 6x9 speakers...u can hear it with visor down at 75mph..up to 85mph with visor up...i can even hear it with ear plugs up to 60mph(maybe faster but havent tried)...the looks on ppl face when i roll up with music blasting is priceless..they look around trying to figure it out
Lol, i'm sure if thats the look they intend, It might be slightly different.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i mean cagers...some bikers think its a little much and some like it...i have it cause i will refuse to ride with sound isolating headphones jamming to my music and not hearing ambient sounds..freaks me out..earplugs are good for blocking some noise but i can still hear well with them in..plus i ride solo alot and the music helps with the boredom...its not for all but it beats having to adjust and readjust ur helmet with plugs..i just plug in my ipod and press play..................not everyone mods their bike the same..to each his own.....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Well I own an 05' 636 and it is a great bike, lots of power everywhere, no complaints other than hitting a false neutral a few times at the track.

Have you thought of just buying a wrecked bike for cheap and then just rebuilding it from the ground up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ohh dear...
i usually go on a few dates before i call ppl dear..i think we're moving too fast:supergay:

i did think about buying a wrecked bike...they are hard to find right now..the few i saw were asking way too much...

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
keep your 600...sounds like a great machine. I say wait for the 09...it will be the better bike and you might as well since its only a matter of waiting just a bit longer

·
Registered
240 Posts
if its modding/building you like? I say sell the rr and get another project. UNLESS the rr is a bike that you absolutely love riding.

Seems like you just want another bike to tear down and modding, I say try something new, that way if/when you open your shop, you can say you modded bikes other then honda's.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i though about keeping mine since i really do like it..i was thinking getting a gixxer and fixing it up and selling it...there are always gixxer parts and there are always ppl looking to get a gixxer...i dont know how many ppl would actually buy a track bike..making it street legal would involve a frame swap which i can do with no problem..the thing is that there arent to many frames that survive accidents

1 - 18 of 18 Posts