Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a stress analysis for my Strength of Material course design project. I've taken measurements of the brake pedal and drew the brake pedal assembly on SolidWorks. However, i forgot to take detail pics of my brake pedal assembly and my bike is at home and i am at school. Can someone w/ a 03-04 or even newer take a couple of detail pics of their brake pedal assembly at different angles and email me the pics to [email protected] please? or post the pics on this thread? I need up close pics of it to include on my report... and i need it by tomorrow if its possible. Thanks in advance. I know the people on here can help me out.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Ok, did it.

that one was just for fun :)

Ok now TAKE YOUR PICK!!!

Hope that helped... now gotta run to class... good thing I have a bike ;)

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Thanks a lot man. U helped me out a lot. Now i gotta start on this report. Engineering school sucks ballz...
yap, been there done that, but when the economy is down like right now, engineer still get hire left and right with above average salary then compare to business major (BA, BS degree). in CA the difference is about 15-20k on average... thats if business and other major can find a job.

suck it up my friend. the reward is too good to pass.

BTW are you doing FEA on this sucker, cause the rear sets uses industrial grade alum (don’t know which one) and maybe SS for the pins. so the major stress riser is at the location of the pin where its going to see torsion, bending and shear in a static situation.

also the poor casting MFG method also create a poor surface finish and generate much geometric discontinuity along the surface.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
damn hawk, you got pretty serious about gettin him the pics he needed lol
thats how I roll guys, thats just how I roll :wave:

and btw, engineering degrees are more than worth it. I go to WIU and they are finally starting an engineering bachelors program next fall cuz of the local corporations putting pressure on the state to release grant money. Engineers are only going up in pay and up in demand... with the global economy and the fact that our corporations are having to outsource engineering positions (not by choice, we dont have enough intelligent engineering grads) you're needed. The 3 million new capitalists we have now (Eastern Europe, China, and India) are going to need all the engineers they can, and do, produce over there helping them grow exponentially. So basicall, stay with it. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i no. It's a lot of work and no free time but i am definately sticking with it. This is my junior year and I am so far from when i started to quite now. Thanks everyone for helping and for ur advice. I think i have all the pics i need now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts