Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep it short, but basically I had an 03 600RR 3 or 4 years ago.. I sold it to a buddy of mine. Now I'm a stunt rider, been stunting since 2000 and have always rode honda, mostly 929's and f4i's. I only blew one motor ever due to sheer ignorance. I got real lazy on checking fluids on one of my beat up 929's... anyway thats beside the point. well back a few years ago i tried stunting the 600rr, didnt like it so i sold it to my buddy. He raced it for a year or 2 and asked me if i wanted to buy it back.. so i bought it back for a ridiculous price.. i couldnt say no. this was about sept oct of 2009...i parked it in my shed. it had no plastics or lights so over the winter i gathered all the parts i needed.. I finally got the hong kong special plastics after 2 months and 1 order sent back from customs.. what a nightmare. I registered my bike because im taking the GF to Laconia. last weekend i was buttoning it up.. threw in a new battery thing fired right up.. shut it off... and was checking the oil.. looked ok... coolant was low.. so i started adding it.. and adding it... and adding it... wtf ?? leaking like sob all over the headers.. I got a flashlight and looked up under there.. and the lower case has a hairline crack going sideways... i checked the oil again by draining some and it was milky... so its cracked through... I later found out, race bikes dont have coolant.. only water... I'm assuming it froze and cracked. I thought most engines had freeze plugs but I guess ignorance isnt going to fix my problem this time. Question is... WTF do i do ?? can i get just a lower case ?? or am i better off with a whole motor.. what year case / motors will bolt in ? just 03-04 ?? can the case be welded ?? I need some advice bad.. my buddy felt bad, cause he sold me the bike when it was warm out, he kinda just forgot about it.. he is letting me use his 1000rr for Laconia, so at least those plans are not shot. but I still need a running bike.. HELP!:banghead:

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
man if the case broke because of a freeze that really sucks, assuming you bought it and it was fine and it broke after storage.
damn i feel for you on that one.
i dont have any answers to your tech questions but at least i can offer my condolences.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts