Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until this morning, it was at least three months since I rode my 2009 CBR 600 RR - and the trip to work reminded me of why I first flipped for this machine.

Compared to my 2011 CBR 1000 RR, which I ride on a more regular basis, the mid-size Honda is nimble, light and, surprisingly, more comfortable.

It also outshines our 2012 Ducati 848 Corse SE, which I rode to work (45 miles each way) yesterday after a four or five month layoff. The Honda does not strain at the leash like the 848, but is much more comfortable and just as quick.

I was thinking of selling the 600 - and replacing it with a Triumph 675R - but now I'm going to keep it. The "little" Honda is fast, has great brakes (with steel lines), a slick transmission and is very handsome as well.

Until I switched to a 2011 GSXR 600 this spring, the CBR 600 used to be my track bike (it is now back in its street clothes). On a road course, it really doesn't cut the mustard without a massive infusion of cash to boost the top end and add a slipper clutch.

But it is perfect for the street and a much better ride than the Ducati and 2011 GSXR 750 we also own. And, for the moment at least, I'm also giving it the edge over the 1000RR!

What a wonderful machine.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
it's official... i hate you....you have WAY to many toys if you can't decide which one to ride everyday :gun1:.

haha, j/k man. ya, i love my 600RR and don't plan on getting rid of it for a while

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I like finding potatoes in my breakfast burritos!!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
my friend has a 1000RR He gets on my bike " **** you man! **** You!"
"why"
"this **** is so light sit on my bike "
*sit on his bike *
"WOW ITS HEAVY"
"I hate you"
"I Hate you too!"

Point: my 600RR was better haha, he wants one now "For the track!!!! It's So FLICKABLE"

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
At first I was like: "yay, a warm fuzzy thread :D"

Then I was like: "wait, did I just read that luck soab owns a '2012 Ducati 848 Corse SE'.... hmm, I did just read that.... I HATE THIS THREAD!!!"

jokes, but seriously, I hate this thread.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I'd reconfirm why all (?) of us here enjoy the CBR600.
I'm fortunate to have a choice of bikes. It wasn't always that way. I'd wonder (and STILL do) how a particular model stacks up against another machine.
I only mentioned the stuff in my garage to put my praise of the Honda in perspective - and underscore how great it really is.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Are you suggesting I don't have all the bikes I mentioned - or just that my observations are full of ****?
For the first part - simple picture in front of your garage will do.

As for the second part, statements like:
I was thinking of selling the 600 - and replacing it with a Triumph 675R - but now I'm going to keep it. The "little" Honda is fast, has great brakes (with steel lines), a slick transmission and is very handsome as well.
tell me that you don't know what are you talking about. Have you ever ridden D675R or STR for that matter? D675R brembos are the best brakes available in its class. Sure popped my eyeballs out. But again, may be you brake with rear brake, who knows. Honda faster? Have you seen them side by side on the track or drag strip? I did. Honda (or any 600cc) I4 doesn't stand a chance against torquey triple at take off. The high end on D675R is plain scary. Period. Slick transmission? Again, you clearly haven't ridden D675R. Handsome is subjective but I haven't met anybody yet who haven't cum multiple times seeing D675r for the first time on picture or in person.

600RR vs G750 for the street - again, I would take the low end torque on 750 (or 1000cc for that matter) any day on the street but because I find gixxers ugly and 1000cc's too heavy, I just will change sprockets on my 600RR to compensate for the lack of low end torque on her. And no, it doesn't need MASSIVE cash infusion to do that. But saying that 600 I4 better for the street is, well, BS.

Now, the last straw - honda outshines 848? Are you kidding me? Those two machines are non comparable, even simply starting with the engine. Let alone cc, you compare inline 4 to v-twin? And I haven't even started yet for other qualities and goodies and plain looks and wow/cool/status factors.

yeah, I think I made my point.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Until this morning, it was at least three months since I rode my 2009 CBR 600 RR - and the trip to work reminded me of why I first flipped for this machine.

Compared to my 2011 CBR 1000 RR, which I ride on a more regular basis, the mid-size Honda is nimble, light and, surprisingly, more comfortable.

It also outshines our 2012 Ducati 848 Corse SE, which I rode to work (45 miles each way) yesterday after a four or five month layoff. The Honda does not strain at the leash like the 848, but is much more comfortable and just as quick.

Until I switched to a 2011 GSXR 600 this spring, the CBR 600 used to be my track bike (it is now back in its street clothes). On a road course, it really doesn't cut the mustard without a massive infusion of cash to boost the top end and add a slipper clutch.

But it is perfect for the street and a much better ride than the Ducati and 2011 GSXR 750 we also own. And, for the moment at least, I'm also giving it the edge over the 1000RR!

What a wonderful machine.
I had kicked around the idea of trading the 600RR for a Ducati just because it is flashier and goes with my other toys a little better.

I am glad to hear this and I have always enjoyed the 600 more for street riding than my 1000s.

THANK THIS POST UNLESS YOU ARE A COMMUNIST

·
Registered
697 Posts
D675R brembos are the best brakes available in its class. Sure popped my eyeballs out. But again, may be you brake with rear brake, who knows.
He said it had great brakes, he didn't say they were better than the Daytona did he?

Again, you clearly haven't ridden D675R. Handsome is subjective but I haven't met anybody yet who haven't cum multiple times seeing D675r for the first time on picture or in person.
Subjective yeah, he never said "everyone thinks the CBR looks better", he was saying it's handsome. I agree, and I think it looks better than the 675- I don't care for it's looks. However, I think the Ducati is really sexy.

600RR vs G750 for the street - again, I would take the low end torque on 750 (or 1000cc for that matter) any day on the street but because I find gixxers ugly and 1000cc's too heavy, I just will change sprockets on my 600RR to compensate for the lack of low end torque on her. And no, it doesn't need MASSIVE cash infusion to do that. But saying that 600 I4 better for the street is, well, BS.
This is pure opinion. I prefer the light flickable 600RR to 1000s for street riding. I never find the low end torque inadequate and having the transition into high RPMs makes the 600 feel wicked fast to me. It feels faster than an 848 to me because it pulls harder as the RPMS climb. The Ducati is more of a linear powerband. I haven't ridden a 675, but I never feel like I need more torque on the street. My WR250R is adequate for street riding and a 600 blows that puny thumper out of the water in all performance metrics.

I understand where you're coming from but was it necessary to jump all over a guy for praising the 600RR? Obviously most of us don't want a 675 or else we wouldn't be on 600RR.net. I have never had a desire to ride one because there is nothing about it that appeals to me! I love the 600RR!

THANK THIS POST UNLESS YOU ARE A COMMUNIST

·
Registered
243 Posts
I understand where you're coming from but was it necessary to jump all over a guy for praising the 600RR? Obviously most of us don't want a 675 or else we wouldn't be on 600RR.net. I have never had a desire to ride one because there is nothing about it that appeals to me! I love the 600RR!
Yeah, you are right. I overreacted. And I clearly love my Honda. Otherwise I wouldn't be here.

·
Registered
697 Posts
:crackup: Nice try.:crackup:

ps hey, skyline, do you own one? just curious.
No I don't own a communist, or a skyline :(

I might have sprung for the new GTR if it had a manual trans. I am not into flappy paddle gearboxes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No I don't own a communist, or a skyline :(

I might have sprung for the new GTR if it had a manual trans. I am not into flappy paddle gearboxes.
For some reason I read that in Jeremy Clarkson's voice.

Anyway, I think the CBR is a good all around bike. Decent at everything, but not awesome. Which kinda makes it awesome in a way because you can do what you want to on it without sacrificing the other aspects of riding.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts