Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving on Col Glenn about 5PM and saw a black RR in the Wendys parking lot with 3 other sportbikes.....Anyone on here???

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I have a black RR, but it wasn't me. I actually saw a red & black RR downtown at 5th and St. Clair(?), I think it was Thursday afternoon around 12:30.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go...then we will have to hook up some time...maybe head out to Comp Access....at the least..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Glad to see some of my compariots living in the Gem City.

Seeing a 600RR unique? I think seeing a 1000RR is far more rare, only seen one so far.

Oh, first post here. Love this site. You guys rock.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You guys ever in Columbus? I'll be in Dayton visiting this girl within the next few weeks. Assuming we don't have anymore of these almost tornados!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, been to Mid-Ohio twice (1997 & 1998). In fact, I'm leading a group of riders to Mid-Ohio this year (if it doesn't rain). We thought it would rain last year and had to cancel last minute.

I don't get to Columbus much but I was there in my car yesterday. I was there Sat & Sun. Didn't see many sportbikes downtown at the motel I stayed at (Westin - Main & High)

About Competition Accessories, I wouldn't go there. I brought my 2nd bike (1994 CBR 600F2) from there. I felt screwed the whole time, then my suspicion was confirmed about 5 days later. I met a few guys with the same bike that paid about $400-500 less elsewhere.

I've had recent examples of their ridiculousness. My CBR 1000RR I have on order since May 6th at Southside Honda. No other dealer from Richmond, IN, Fort Wayne, IN, Columbus, OH, Cinninnatti, OH, Fairborn, OH, Middletown, OH, or Dayton, OH has one in stock but Competition does. Everyone else's is 10,300 to 10,700 and most have no freight and setup fees. Competition's 1000RR is about 10,900 or 11K with $500 freight. Their 1000RR has been sitting there since the end of April, wonder why.....

Also, the only way they'll give you an OTD price is if you sit down at their desk with them. Don't bother trying to get one over the phone.

One thing that was nice about Comm Acc. was I got to sit on that 1000RR and know how it felt before I signed with Southside. I must admit they do have a really large showroom. But for a deal, goto Middletown Honda or Southside Honda (Honda of Troy).

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont buy anything at Comp..I just go in there to try things on then order elsewhere...LOL

·
Registered
212 Posts
I work at McCune Cycle in Mansfield. If you guys need something let me know. I'm not in sales so I can usually get you a good deal, since I'm not on commision.

When you're in Columbus, (as gay as it sounds) go to the 7-11/ Taco Bell on High Street by campus. Thats where most of the riders end up at some point during the day and night.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Next time I'm in Cols on my bike I'll swing up that way. How come this forum doesn't have a place to list your
bike(s) under your Avatar, like 1000rr.net does?

It's kinda hard to figure out what each of you guys ride and/or color.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I don't buy anything from Comp Acc either! It's just a nice ride and you can check things out in person. I have bought pretty much everything from Southside. Since we buy our bikes there we get a pretty good discount (got my Yosh slip on for $275)

We rode up the first year to Mid Ohio, but for the last two years we camp. Anyone coming up should come see us. We usually have a good group and set up right after the first Honda bridge.

I am actually from Delaware, so I am in the Columbus area often. Last year we went to the 7-11/Taco Bell on my husband's TL and it was insane. Some guy ran from the cops, they had the heli out an everything. The construction on High made it a pain though. Lots of squids up there too.

Any of you guys go to Quaker Steak for bike night on Wednesdays? Haven't been yet this year, but hope to go within the next couple of weeks if the weather holds out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Quaker State in Cols or Dayton?

Dayton, yes. Mostly cruisers there but still nice to have hundreds of bikes in one place. I'm referring to the one off Airway near Wright Patterson AFB.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Dayton, we usually try to go, but like I said haven't made it so far this year. We like to walk around and look at the different bikes even though there are a lot of cruisers. Some have some pretty nice paint jobs! Nathan went to the one in Columbus last year and said there were a sh*t ton of bikes and a lot of sport bikes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
PM me on the day you go. My friends and I will try to meet you guys there. I can be contacted on 1000rr.net as well.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Hopefully next Wednesday the 2nd if the weather holds out. We should be putting the TL back together at the painters this Wednesday. Can't wait to see the new look, it's supposed to be pretty sweet. :D I'll be glad when he gets his bike back so he'll quit wanting to ride mine!

·
Registered
212 Posts
RUTHLESS- what are they charging you for your 1000rr? (if you don't mind me asking)

·
Registered
74 Posts
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=839
(Look for the Avatar of Catherine Bell in a white bikini sitting on a 600RR)

Looking at my invoice right in front of me now:

Price of vehicle: $10,299.00
Title & Documentary Fee: $60.00
State sales Tax: 7.5%: $772.43
Total Sale: $11,131.43
Downpayment: $100.00
Unpaid Balance: $11,031.43

Should get my bike this coming Thursday, keeping my fingers crossed.

Glad I don't live in California
and read this one if you want to know why I don't have it yet.

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=780

I still have my VFR 800 which I'm about to sell to a friend at work. I'm teaching her how to ride as we speak. Some friends and I will be riding this coming Thursday night, probably after 6pm. Isn't that Hooters Bike night off Miller Lane?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sounds like you are committed to them? If you would consider buying anywhere else I can save you some money. We have the silver/ black and also red/ black now. Just an FYI

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I think Hooters bike night is Thursday. If I remember correctly there is a steak place (maybe Outback not for sure) off the Stop Eight/Little York road exit on 75 that has one on Thursdays too. If we can get the TL back together I think we are going to try to make it to Hooters. Have to wait and see how tonight goes first.

Hope you get that new 1000RR soon. Who are you dealing with at Southside? I bought my RR from Tim. Used to always go through Baker, but he took a job elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts