Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place...mods please feel free to move! Also, apologies if this is covered already but I couldn't find a thread.

Should be taking delivery of my CBR600RR this week. I've got a pretty small garage that I have to store both my bike and car in for insurance purposes. I've measured everything up, and the bike will fit if I put it in lengthways and then drive the car up to it.

However, my problem is that I really need to get the bike against the back wall of the garage!

Does anyone know of any stands or have any ideas on how to make my life easier with this task??? Ideally, I'd like to stick the whole thing on some small stands with wheels and push it up there :)

Thanks in advance!
Iain

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have spools and a pitbull rear stand. I simply lift the rear end and gently pull on the handle to swing the rear around.
Thanks for the quick response.

So spools under the stand, then lift and drag? Where did you get the spools (if you're in UK)?

·
Registered
182 Posts

It would be the stand holding up the spools (8mm).

I use the stand to prop the rear up. Then slightly lift the handle and move the rear around.

Again, I only do this occasionally as I am sure the wheels on the stand were not intended to have side load. So do this at your own risk.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good stuff - thanks.

That may be a fall back for me if I can't find another way - as you say, not sure about the side-load and doing that on a regular basis.

·
Registered
378 Posts
hop on the bike and waddle your way to the position you want it to -

its goin to be a hassle but it will work

·
Registered
810 Posts
surely it is more simple to put the car in first (use wheel chocks to get the car in the correct position) then put the bike up behind it by the garage door. Then it is very easy to get it in the correct position.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it probably is; but being a fair weather rider living in the UK means I am usually taking the car to work :(

surely it is more simple to put the car in first (use wheel chocks to get the car in the correct position) then put the bike up behind it by the garage door. Then it is very easy to get it in the correct position.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
I've gotten really good at spinning my bike on the kickstand. I have the same problem as you. I have to take the car out every time i want to take the bike out or in. In 3 moves I can get the bike out of its tiny little corner. Takes some practice but eventually you will find something that works for you.
+1........

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Thanks for the input fellas.

I found this, and think I might give it a try!

http://www.bustersclassic.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=TRE2211

I see what you're trying to accomplish by this stand, but trust me, you'd be better off with a standard rear stand. Once the bike is on the rear stand you can still slide it around to get it close to a wall. The stand you have listed above still requires the bike to be leaning which means it will take up more space than it needs to.

Go with a rear stand. Look at the pit bulls, if the standard rear stand doesn't work you can also get a reverse rear stand. I have one of each of these stands, two bikes, and a full sized truck. I can get both bikes and the truck in the garage using these stands for the bikes.

Standard...
http://www.pit-bull.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PBMSA&Product_Code=F0002-000&Category_Code=motorcycle_stands

Reverse (Forward Handle)....
http://www.pit-bull.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PBMSA&Product_Code=F0042-000&Category_Code=motorcycle_stands

1 - 14 of 14 Posts