Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
dude.. he says he has a 2006 with all that work hes full of ****... smoke him! or send him my way i have a twin turbo g35 that will eat that sti

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
The RR will destroy his a$$ for the fraction of the price.

G35 who did your turbo converstion, my brother works at a shop that does it also.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really... i sat in it, very fast.
any first hand experience to share?

·
Registered
66 Posts
mrc motorsports in spottswood NJ. www.racemrc.com now i have beat some 750's on the highway i havnt raced any 600rr's but im sure i could take one.. im moving to phoenix in may/june and im getting a bike finally.. i put it off and got the turbo kit for my g35 instead..

·
Registered
223 Posts
My friend has a 300z with a stage 3 twin turbo. I think he's pumping out around 500 horses. Pretty sure it's the fastest car I've riden in. Anyway, he never drives his car. It just sits. But he's ALWAYS riding his bike (sv650).

·
Registered
371 Posts
I dont know, that STI is a monster, and more forgiving than a 2 wheeled vehicle as well.

A stock 600rr would have trouble hanging with a STI modified that way, expecially if you launched it weakly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yea I have a slightly modded 03 wrx and i know that my 600rr would absolutely crap all over the car really really bad. I believe when I bought the bike I was told its power is comparable to a 500 something horsepower car. Think about it The 600rr weighs 400 pounds or somethin and its puttin down 100 whp stock. and an sti stock on puts down 240whp (even tho its 300 at the crank) but it weigghs 3,000 or so pounds.

·
Registered
865 Posts
ummm...you should be able to walk away from him with a good launch on ur bike..power to weight ratio wise, only a car pushing 500-600hp can even stack up against a bike...my friend raced a viper gts on his yamaha yzf-600, he had about a car lengh or two until about 80 then he began to walk away. stupid cagers..they always think they are the **** in their riced out cars, esp here in so cal.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sjierual said:
I dont know, that STI is a monster, and more forgiving than a 2 wheeled vehicle as well.

A stock 600rr would have trouble hanging with a STI modified that way, expecially if you launched it weakly.
any good tips on how to launch besides WOT?

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
lay over the tank and extend your legs out. You'll have to slip the clutch once you launch, have the rpm at about 4k. Don't use a sloppy grip or else. You will destroy the subbie.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
..it might be fast.. but damn ugly. how big are those hoodscoops now? 10 inches yet? how about those rear spoilers? 30 inches yet? god throw on a roof scoop while ur at it. and maybe some side fender ones.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts