Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my bike in the driveway on saturday night like a dumbass and sombody came and took it. I've had it since March ame had not left it outside once until saturday. I went to the local bike shop and they happened to be haveing a big sale, everything on the floor was going for invoice pluss setup fees. I picked up an 04' Suzuki 750 in blue and white for $8500 before taxes. I'll post up a comparison between the two when I get a few miles on the bike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, the deal was only for bikes on the floor, the only hondas there were two F4's and the 1000. I wan't really looking for a literbike yet. I had originally wanted the blue and white 750 but I got such a good deal on my black '03 that I went with that instead.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
scotty efiin theives man sorry about your 03 RR keep you 750 locked up man and good luck with it from the write i read the other day you got yourself a winner ;-)

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
From a fellow Omahan, I'll keep an eye out. Where are you located exactly? My brother also picked up a bike this weekend at PowerSports Pro - the BIG invoice sale. He got the red/black R6 for like $7400 - I know it's not the REAL invoice, but they gotta make a little money. I was kicking myself for not waiting but there weren't any 600RR's left, so my blue one probably wouldn't have been there if I had waited. Anyways, I'll keep my eye open - any specifics of the bike that would make it stick out??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the cop came over I asked him what the chances of recovering the bike were from personal expierience, he said that bikes never get stolen around here. He did say however, that in the last few days bikes and ATV's have been getting stolen like crazy. I live at 127th and Center, so it is is not like it's some bad part of town. The fact that it got taken the one night I left it out makes me think that somebody had been lookin out for it waiting for a good chance to take it. They said that they had sold their RR's long before the sale. They said that they sold their leftover '03 for like $8000.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hmm... you're the second guy I've heard that picked up an '04 Gixxer 750 after his RR was jacked...

There's a guy up here that picked up the not quite grey colour 750 while he's waiting for insurance to figure out how much to stiff him...

Put a Devil Twin Cannister Hi-mount on it already... and he hasn't even broken the bike in yet...

·
Registered
696 Posts
where in omaha? I live here also had my bike a week or so. That sucks though. I leave mine out for short periods but because of this forum it makes me pretty scared t o leave it outside a grocery store but better safe than sorry. Hit me up we'll :moped:

·
Registered
286 Posts
i'm getting my 04 600rr this coming friday.

I live in some dorms just off of 63rd & center (ak-sar-ben). Parking lot is prox-card gated, campass security passes through every 30 minutes or so.

I have a ground floor apartment, management said I can park the bike on my porch and i'll be doing just that, as well as locking it to a ground anchor of some sort.

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
mattvirus,

Is that Scott Village of UNO? I live at 50th & Center so I'm really familiar with the area. Let me know if you want to ride anytime. What color you getting?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts