Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the revised scenario.

You crash your new bike or your head unit requires replacement due to malfunction.

You opt to purchase a brand new gauge cluster from HONDA for nearly $500. Upon receipt of this new unit, you need to make sure that you are being as truthful as possible to your original mileage.

Therefore you need to ensure that the new gauge cluster from HONDA will have the same mileage as your old one. The problem is whether the mileage information is stored on your gauge cluster or in the ECU.

From survey polls on other forums and sellers, I have partially concluded in: Yes the mileage is stored in the gauge cluster. Ergo, I have no choice but to accept HONDA's new unit and restore my bike's odometer to 0.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

U

·
0 Posts
Please think about what you're asking next time a little more before posting.
:idea:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not trying to trick out anybody..thas only if you interpret it that way. I just asked a simple question whether the mileage info is stored on the ECU or not.

what you assume from that is up to you.

And FYI, I prefer the company of big, hairy men.

·
Registered
283 Posts
lol don't even bother trying that, there is no other reason and if what you say is true the topic name would be much different.... LAME :evil:

·
Registered
618 Posts
RR|Suki said:
lol don't even bother trying that, there is no other reason and if what you say is true the topic name would be much different.... LAME :evil:
Exactly what I was thinking.

U

·
0 Posts
You were specifically asking how to deceive others on the amount of miles that your bike has. Once again: that is a FEDERAL offense.
Perhaps you should try a chatroom where people hang out to discuss the academic implications of how to hot-wire a bike and possibly defeat any immobilizer that may be present. All in the name of science, of course.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I would write down the milage at the time it broke and just keep a mental note and be honest if and when you sell it. Also bluegauges.com knwos how to update your milage. If your really comcerned with it contact them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
and yet another reason why i will never buy a used bike.
I couldn't agree more...the deals are out there if you look hard enough and with these types of machines available to just about anyone, you have no idea what your're getting.

V

·
0 Posts
i'm sure the Honda dealership that you bought it from would be able to adjust your odometer to the correct miles.

what the **** do these phrases mean?
1. Upon receipt of this new unit
2. thas only if you interpret it that way

L

·
0 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
It is stored in the head unit. Ultimus got a new headunit because his buttons were broken and it zeroed out.
speaking of him, how is he doing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts