Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 04 600RR Candy Blue. I wonder if I should've bought the 1000. I'm pretty happy with the 600, but still wondering. Any input would be good. I used to ride a 2000 929RR and this 600 rocks in the twisties.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had a 954 and the 6RR is just more fun and easier to ride fast. If I were only riding on the street I might have gone with a liter bike but being that I am doing track days and don't have the luxury of owning 2 motorcycles, the 6RR is tough to beat. Awsome track day tool and more than sufficent on the street (especially in the twisties). The new 6s are so good and so powerful, I think you'll find it as enjoyable, if not morese, to ride than your 929. Enjoy and quit thinking about the 1kRR. You'll drive yourself crazy.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm waiting on delivery of my 1KRR, I have a 600RR as well. I use to have an RC and I would never go back to one again, the 6 is so much more fun. We are pretty lucky we also have an 02/R6 and an 01/929, love the 929!

so back to your question which one?

both will be equaly fun!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Double R said:
I just pick the same color up on this past Friday. I was thinking the same thing but after riding on this weekend I think I made the right choice
for a second, i thought I wrote that post.

·
Registered
127 Posts
hehe twins. anyways, I have both and you can not go wrong with either. The 1000rr does not feel like a big bike, that was my only fear. It feels slightly bigger than the 600rr but is really nice in the corners. I agree I would rather take a 600 to a track since I have never been before and the power of the 1000rr could be a little scary to get use to. It definately makes a better street bike. No searching for gears, just hit the gas and your gone. Just keep the 600rr though if money is an issue because it's a great bike, buy a liter bike in a couple of years. by then the 1000rr will be a dinasaur and be outdated.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Like the others said and will continue to say. Depends on what you want. I know better than to get onto a liter bike because the power would get me into trouble. The 6's are alot of fun and have more "useable" power in the twisties. If your into stunting then the 1K is going to be better but for real riding (my opinion) the 6 is better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts