Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was at a dealership yesterday and the dealer told me that the only difference between a 600cc and 1000cc was the top end!? I thought 1000's had more power over all the ranges? Which one is true, anyone experienced them both??

thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
urg... the 1000rr is basically far more powerful, all the time.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Hey guys I was at a dealership yesterday and the dealer told me that the only difference between a 600cc and 1000cc was the top end!? I thought 1000's had more power over all the ranges? Which one is true, anyone experienced them both??

thanks
What does this jackass salesman ride, a 600rr? no, a 1000rr? no.
a cruiser? maybe, does he even ride?

wtf does he know? about riding/ half the fux that sell sportbikes at dealerships dont even own one.

·
Registered
333 Posts
What does this jackass salesman ride, a 600rr? no, a 1000rr? no.
a cruiser? maybe, does he even ride?

wtf does he know? about riding/ half the fux that sell sportbikes at dealerships dont even own one.
:icon_pai: we know salesmen are retards

·
Registered
231 Posts
i have both
an 06 1000RR
and an 07 600

the 1000 pulls like a freight train and you better have a good hold on the bars

on the first ride on the 600 my first thought was as 2nd gear was hitting the limiter was
"is this it"

i of course didnt get the 600 for speed but for track use
where the lighter weight and higher revs are an advantage over speed

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Yea I also have a 1000RR and a 600RR and it's WAY MORE then just top end!

NEVER ask a dealer anything more then a price!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Why do they lie so?
I went to Suzuki dealership to help my friend become a squid and the dealership guy was bashing every bike other than the gsxxxr. He told my friend that 750 is a good beginner bike and 600 is too under powered. hahaha
I caught him on the road on a vespa next day. That bastard must have modded his vespa to 1000cc or something.

·
19,904 Posts
Why do they lie so?
I went to Suzuki dealership to help my friend become a squid and the dealership guy was bashing every bike other than the gsxxxr. He told my friend that 750 is a good beginner bike and 600 is too under powered. hahaha
I caught him on the road on a vespa next day. That bastard must have modded his vespa to 1000cc or something.
bbwwwahahhahahahah

·
Registered
857 Posts
next time you go to the stealership pretend like you - dont know/dont ride.
you will get a good laugh out of the full of crap sales goof ball.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
I hear all the talk. Now, will somebody make the comparison of a 1000rr and a 600rr with riders of EQUAL SKILL on the racetrack???????????:icon_lol:
look at WSBK..... the frenchir and the trukish guy are prob as good as JT but their times are down on JTs , due to the 1000 being faster......a couple of extra mods availbe to the seperbike boys that the supersports arent allowed... there ya go

·
Registered
494 Posts
look at WSBK..... the frenchir and the trukish guy are prob as good as JT but their times are down on JTs , due to the 1000 being faster......a couple of extra mods availbe to the seperbike boys that the supersports arent allowed... there ya go
That's that I thought... The 1000 has about 30% more power, and just about 5% more weight!! Awesome..

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
The 1000RR is going to have alot more power my friend. Listen to snikwad, he has owned both.

Jason

·
19,904 Posts
Yeah!

fukin right, u better listen to me.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I hear all the talk. Now, will somebody make the comparison of a 1000rr and a 600rr with riders of EQUAL SKILL on the racetrack???????????:icon_lol:
Well I can do a decent comparo for you as I also own both.

Bikes:
04 1000RR (my street bike) - Full exhaust, A-Tech intake, PCIII, Mapped, HRC 1/6th Throttle, Brembos, Braided Lines, etc... 165 rwhp
07 600RR (my track bike) - STOCK!

Tracks:

Jennings GP - very tight track (my top speed is about 130's)
Homestead Speedway - high speed track with (3) long straights (top speed in the 150's)

The 1000RR benefits on a track like Homestead, it has 3 really long straights so you can really open it up! But the turns are tights, with 2 hairpins. And man those hairpin make you WORK with that entry speed on the 1000RR. She is HEAVY and it takes ALOT of work to slow her down! When in the corner it takes ALOT of concentration to get through safely...

But on the exits the 1000RR can be ALOT of fun! :) It spins up so easy! lol

The 600RR makes it feel EASY! You carry so much speed! So it benefits from a track like Jennings. I only think I hit the brakes there but twice a lap even then it's not alot.

At Homestead my lap times are very similar what the 1000RR looses in the corners it makes up on the straights. But the 600RR makes it feel like your doing those same lap times ALOT easier! And at much less risk!

At Jennings I am 3-4 seconds ++ faster on the 600RR then the 1000RR as it takes much more to get her over and you just don't have as much confidence on the corner entries.

verdict, the 600RR will help you go faster without as much risk, and it will be easier doing it.

My skills, I am no where near the best out there! I run intermediate and about middle of the pack in the group. Been riding on the street for about 12 years.

Hope that helps!

·
19,904 Posts
very eye opening Niner, what other tracks have u riding the blade on?
where's my throttle, lol?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts