Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a friend of mine as a TRX450R atv modified and he claims he can beat me on the 1/8 miles and maybe 1/4 miles race.

What are the performance of a atv like the TRX450R or any competition ATV.

Do a TRX450R can beat a 600RR on the :

- 0 to 60 miles
- 1/8 miles
- 1/4 miles

Thanks

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
I know on my old 250r 3-wheeler, i used to lay the smack down on cars thro the 1/8th miles, but i HIGHLY doubt i could have done anything with the rr. They were fast, but damn i just don't think they were that fast, and there's no way they could thro the 1/4, the thing can't possibly top out at much over a hundered, or 110 if that.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
BenReilly said:
I know on my old 250r 3-wheeler, i used to lay the smack down on cars thro the 1/8th miles, but i HIGHLY doubt i could have done anything with the rr. They were fast, but damn i just don't think they were that fast, and there's no way they could thro the 1/4, the thing can't possibly top out at much over a hundered, or 110 if that.
Nice man,I also had a 250R 3 wheeler.They haul major ass.I was clocked beside my mom's car doing 65mph with my friend on the back..Then I blew a piston.lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
He might be able to beat you on dirt ha, Highly doubt he would beat you in the 1/8th or 1/4 unless it has some crazy mods or he is spraying, Stock it tops out around 70mph

·
Registered
526 Posts
I raced my buddy on his tricked banshee with pipes and cool head and he said it was pushin 80hp and it wasnt a race. He topped out at like 88 and i was laughing the whole time. That banshee would beat a new 450 though

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Yea, the old 250r was originally my dads, it was as old as me '86 model, i rode it up until last year when i sold it for spare cash (wish i hadn't now). It was bored out and had exhaust and a larger sproket, my dad said back in the day he layed the smack down on a coupla vette's. I never clocked her, but i did pass ppl on the interstate movin pretty damn good, and once you got movin the front end floated no matter what you did.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So he must be smoking good stuff !!!

He keeps saying he is doing 0 to 60 in 2 sec, I find it really hard to believe.

A big advantage on the 600RR, it's capable to do 0 to 78 in first gear :)))

·
Registered
27 Posts
I sold my trx450r for my 600rr. My 450r had the hrc kit with an LRD exhuast, it was quick but had nowhere near the arm pulling power of the 600rr. That kid that said he could beat you on it must never have ridden on a crotch rocket.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I raced a friend of mine who has a banshee (which is a 2 stroke, independant dual cylinder quad built for desert racing) on my 04 RM-Z250 and smoked him, but my RM-Z250 is nowhere near as fast as my 600rr. I also beat a WRX Sti on my RM-Z in 1/8 mile who was convinced he was faster than me. (made money on that one.) but yeah he would get smoked by your 600rr.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Tell him you'll race for pinks, My buddy has the 450r with motor work and every possible addon and we both know it is no where capable of pulling my bike. Video it so we can watch.

·
Registered
996 Posts
We top speed tested my YZ250, my brother's KX125, and a buddy's Raptor (660cc). The Raptor was only good for 80mph (stock with White Bros. full pipe). My YZ only did 75mph, but I've got woods sprockets on it. The YZ also stayed ahead of the Raptor for at least 1/16 mile before he passed me.

Bottom line - you'll smoke him.

added: Honda specs show it (TRX) at 350 pounds dry - that's not much less than the 600rr - the cr450f mx bike is only 220 pounds for comparison.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts