Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok me and about 5 friends of mine all bought brand new 2006 motos... i got the 600rr and they all got the suzuki line... one got the 600, 750, and 1000 and the other bought a kawasaki. Now Im told that the 600 gives the gsxr 750 a run for its money... but they all insist my bike is slower than the gxr 600... now not that it makes a difference... but whos got the faster bike? plus... where can i go to get a list of each bikes 1/4 mile,top speed,0-60 and all of that... google just flat out sucks these days... Im really curious...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
everyone here is gonna tell you its up to the rider. Last year i bought a brand new RR and my boy bought a brand new Gixxer 600. I beat him everytime from a third gear roll on on the Highway. Just ride safe.......

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
dude get an HRC ECU it has 3 engine maps built-in with different power settings & it comes with a switch, in MEGA wheelie mode it makes 190 to 200hp depending if you have HRC cams, velocity stacks & full exhaust system, if you plunk down the extra cash on a 7speed closeratio transmission kit it will have a top speed of 340kmh. it's RC211V technology baby, you'll blow away those Gixxers like they're cubs. :rocker:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Well since a monkey can race in a straight line the gsxr 750 and 1000 will walk away easily from a 600rr.

But when things like curves and sucj come into play riders skill will take over.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
are these all your first bikes? i know a bunch of guys who did that and all of them are dropped, scratched up and all that good stuff, i feel kinda bad.. for the bike that is :)

you can find that info in the back of motorcycle magazines

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Dont worry too much about it. They are all fast... too fast for it to matter on the street.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fooldog01 said:
Dont worry too much about it. They are all fast... too fast for it to matter on the street.
Is anyone going to even attempt to answer my question? Not that I dont appreciate any input... but saying things like that is an insult to my intelligence... Im an adult and completely comprehend the consequences of speed mixed with carelessness... This is strictly out of curiousity mind you and im just trying to learn more about my bike... But Ill rephrase my question...

Lets say you put the same rider on a cbr600rr, gsxr600, and a gsxr 750... which bike will have the fastest 1/4 mile... 0-60... and so forth and so on...

And im not being a jerk or anything... I know im new and i do like this site... its just that i didnt come here for a lesson in safety... Im in the military leaving for iraq shortly... so i know a thing or 2 about risking my life and being concious about it... plus motorcycle safety has been force fed to me ever since i joined... But thanks for you concern

·
Registered
830 Posts
ShaunMood said:
Ok me and about 5 friends of mine all bought brand new 2006 motos... i got the 600rr and they all got the suzuki line... one got the 600, 750, and 1000 and the other bought a kawasaki. Now Im told that the 600 gives the gsxr 750 a run for its money... but they all insist my bike is slower than the gxr 600... now not that it makes a difference... but whos got the faster bike? plus... where can i go to get a list of each bikes 1/4 mile,top speed,0-60 and all of that... google just flat out sucks these days... Im really curious...
" now not that it makes a difference... but whos got the faster bike? " it does make a difference to you.. if it didn't you wouldn't bother asking.. so just fess up and say, "i want my bike to be the fastest".. if you admit to it, then it's not a big deal...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
cjm250 said:
actually your are being kind of a jerk....or something.

p.s. ride safe.
I dont think he is trying to be a jerk at all. I know if you do a search thius was covered not too long ago. One of the motorcycle magazines recently had a review that displayd all those times, but im not too sure which one. I can guarantee you though if you wanna beat that 600, regear and youll blow him away if hes stock... and quite possibly even the 750 also.

·
Registered
931 Posts
hahaha. it def depends on the rider, i smoked a 750 from 0-145 then he started to pass me. he prob had a bad start. but the 600s are to close to say anythign and the 750 is def faster.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
CHEWKNOW said:
everyone here is gonna tell you its up to the rider. Last year i bought a brand new RR and my boy bought a brand new Gixxer 600. I beat him everytime from a third gear roll on on the Highway. Just ride safe.......
+1. Im not sure about just straight speed, but I know guys on 600s who could smoke guys on 1000s just because they know what theyre doing.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Every motorcycle magazine you read is going to have different 1/4 mile times anyways. One bike may win in one magazine, and the other may win in the other.

As far as which is faster, like I stated above, it's going to be tough to say. I'm quite sure that the difference is going to be less than you would think either way.

If you want boasting power, you should have went with 1000. Otherwise you're going to simply have to mod the bike to be faster.

From what I've seen on dyno runs however, the gixxer is down on the honda in the mid range, but the gixxer does pull hard on top... so whatever that's worth..

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The gixxer 1k and 750 will stomp all over an RR in terms of power in a line. Twisty's is different. BUT....that new 675 Triumph is sure bad ass...

·
Registered
326 Posts
For the general sportbike rider, the middle-weights will all be very comparable. That may not answer your question, but it's the truth. Even the tests conducted by the magazines are subjective. To do it somewhat subjectively you'd have to have one rider doing tons of laps on each bike to get base-line lap times as a means for comparison. I don't know that any of the magazines do their testing that way.

As an illustration of how the rider effects lap times, just look at the latest Motorcyclist issue. One of the amateur testers in the middle-weight comparison could not out-pace the Gixxer 600 when riding the Gixxer 750. However, I'm sure a pro rider could. However, most of us are far from pro.

I find it odd that it matters which one is the fastest. I ended up buying an '04 600RR in the end, but I did look at new bikes. They're all very well made and very comparable within each class.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts