Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there i'm a first time FI owner and this is my first season with the 600rr. I've had it sit in my garage the last 3 weeks (which was the last time i rode) and i go to start it yesterday and nothing! It turns over the lights come on and the FI primes, but it just doesn't catch. I haven't a clue what it could be. I was gonna winterize it, added gas stabilizer and was gonna circulate it thru its system but now i'm met with a bigger problem of why it won't start? Bike was bought this year as a left over by a guy i know (he's 45) and his wife was gonna kill him if he kept it, so pretty much the bike is brand new. Any help you can provide I'd really appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
HEY HEY!! first off, welcom to the family! congrats on the great RR purchase. now, back to the topic at hand: there was another recent post about this same thing. all you gotta do is open her up all the way when you're starting her, and that will allow more flow of the fluids and everying will curculate. after it's been sitting for a while, this happens. no problem, man. don't worry at all. i'm sure you'll be getting a ton more help, too. also, you should do a search about this same thing, and you'll find all the posts about the other guy's starting problem and his given solutions.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
charge your battery and go from there

·
Registered
196 Posts
600RR_NM said:
HEY HEY!! first off, welcom to the family! congrats on the great RR purchase. now, back to the topic at hand: there was another recent post about this same thing. all you gotta do is open her up all the way when you're starting her, and that will allow more flow of the fluids and everying will curculate. after it's been sitting for a while, this happens. no problem, man. don't worry at all. i'm sure you'll be getting a ton more help, too. also, you should do a search about this same thing, and you'll find all the posts about the other guy's starting problem and his given solutions.

Yeah I had the same prob didi exactly the same thing he just told you and if fired right up, not a prob since

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i checked out the post. I guess it could be flooded, but I tried all the recommended solutions. I just hooked up the battery tender to replenish some of the charge that i've cranked out of her. Is there a way to push start the bike? I know with my SV i could just roll her down the hill and crank her up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
as long as you have over 11 volts in the battery for the efi to start going

·
Registered
346 Posts
i had the same problem too.. you might wanna jump start it first and see what's going on.. and yes do the same like you did to your SV..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it possible that i've fouled the plugs somehow? I did the search and tried the suggestions that some of the other posters had gotten but still no luck....this has me a little nervous, my sv did this after a long winter storage but usually i could tell atleast it was trying to come to life.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did you try it the way it said in the manual to help a flooded engine?

I think you turn everything on, and twist the throttle full on and then back off. Turn the key off. Then turn it back on and try to start it.

Let us know what finally does it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Atomicwedgy said:
i know it sounds dumb, but check kickstand /\ and check the kill switch. it happens to the best of em.
In Neutral so the kickstand doesn't have to be up and the kill switch not engaged. Did try it with the kickstand up and in gear as well. No luck as of yet. This ones got me confused so i'm gonna have to do some reading. I'll let you guys know what finally happens. Thanks for all the quick feedback!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had that heppen when it was left in my garage for about 3 weeks after I first got her (I was in Colorado and snow shut her up for a few weeks). I had 700 miles on it and it wouldn't start. Fouled Plugs. In cold climates (especially if it's one of the first '03s) my mechanic said the plugs were fouling if it sat for any period of time during break in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm a pretty avid rider although it doesn't show this year. The bike has about 3500 miles on it...would it still get fouled even after the break in mileage?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeah. I checked my records last night and mine was after my break in oil change.

·
Registered
221 Posts
if it tipped over while in the garage, the lean angle sensor could be stopping the start.

Just flip the kill switch, red button right hand handlebar, flip it on then off.
It resets it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
just keep trying anything you can think of man. i'm sure it's nothing big, there's just something you're missing. i'm sure you'll find it soon. good luck! ;-)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess i'm gonna kinda have to, it'll get old quick trying to keep up with my buddies pushing the bike along after them in the twisties! :shock:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts