Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was riding with a few friends lastnight when this guy in an 04 gsxr pulls up and is braggin about how his bike is the fastest there because it's the lightest, has more hp, (which it DOESN'T) and torque. I told him that the RR has the fastest top speed and he blew me off. do you guys think that a gsxr will smoke our rrs? I mean, I really wouldn't mind knocking him off of his "podium" if you know what I mean. He knows little of areodynamics, and thinks that the under seat exhaust will do nothing to help.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dont really know much about the top speed but I did read somewhere that the gixxer does have a better looking power curve, especially in the upper RPMS. It might not have the most HP but the HP is consistent till redline where others start to traiil off... either way, I still like the looks of the RR better, and that's coming from a former gixxer owner! Our bikes do need to go on a massive diet tho.

just my 2 cents. ;-)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what I thought. in a drag, they seem pretty equal until about 120mph or so, then the RR takes the lead without too much effort. Where to you shift for the maximum pull? I've heard around 13,500.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Gixxer's about 20lbs lighter, a couple less ponies, proven suspension and the best brakes in the bunch (even tuned DOWN from '03). The RR will hit a higher top speed, by a few mph, but the gixxer is the fastest 600 in the quartermile (the only one dipping into the 10's). *BUT* it's all rider, not bike. Guys like that buy the best bike in the class and think they can beat anything that's not what he's riding.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i will bet all i own on the bike with the more skilled rider, if you put me on a new RR and gave pro rider an 1980 honda 250 he would probably beat me. skill is the most imorptant part (well hopefully he wouldnt, just trying to make a point)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will if he is out tonight. I think I will :twisted: have the shifting advantage though, I get through the gears in a hurry without using the clutch. I love the box on the RR!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Up to the rider. Sean @ motorcycle.com was talking about how he couldn't get away from a KLR (I love those) at Deals Gap. The 600's are SO close, its up to who's piloting the bike.

I think the new suzuki is a cool bike, just isn't as pretty.

V

·
0 Posts
Its all up to the rider.. a good rider can make up for being down a whole 2/10ths of a second in the quarter mile. All of the 600s could be any of the other 600s because they are all so close in the numbers.... it just depends on the rider. I could be an R1 if the rider didnt know how to ride it. lol

·
Registered
584 Posts
Definately. I have seen 1100xx's run high 12's before in the 1/4 mile. Rider owns these days in a class this tight.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
This is what I found on CycleWorld.com regarding the '04 Gixxer 600:

"Let's just say the $8099 GSX-R was the only bike to crack the elusive 10-second barrier in the quarter-mile--10.86 @ 125.67 mph to be exact--and that top speed is second only to the Honda CBR600RR."

Sounds like it has some balls to me.

X

1 - 20 of 34 Posts