Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys Im new here and Ive been looking to get an 6rr. I now ride a Hayabusa but I need something for the back/twistie roads. Is this bike still having the oil burning and smoking problems? I dont want to get it and have issues like this. I know how the factory gives you hell with any problem you have with the bike. Like I said I dont want that problem. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
484 Posts
wait a minute. since when did the 600r "have" an oil burning problem? You make it sound like it's an inherent shortcoming of this bike. there might have been a few rr's with the problem, but by no means is it inherent to this bike. nearly all of us here don't have an oil burning issue.

where did you hear this?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive heard it fron a couple of guys in my area but they did not ride Hondas so I did a search on here and saw several post with guys talking about their bikes burning oil etc. Im trying to find out from the guys that have the bike and should know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mtc, That is a sweet azz bike. How did you break yours in?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BubbaRRay said:
Mine's good to go...sorry to disappoint Hardhitter
Why would I be disappointed? Like I said I want the bike. I guess now no one seems to have heard of any of the problems that Im talking about. I was hoping to get some feedback from the guys in the many posts that ive seen here with the problems that I mentioned. I guess I will PM the guys in the post. Sorry to bother..

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
dude do not take any of these responses personnel but your post did sound like all the RR got an oil burning issue none of these guys got any problems neither do i and i got 13000 miles on my RR the bottom line is if you break in your RR in a smart manner i promise you your RR will please you beyond belief do you guys agree with me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ab So Lutly :D I have 11000 KM on mine, I put Mobil 1 in it at 5800 Km and havent added a drop since.

It's a great choice of bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine has the occasional "puff" of smoke, but by no means burns any oil. I believe they the small puffs on downshift are quite normal. Mine does it as well as a friends and even a 2004 I rode with last weekend did it. No harm done. :wink:

·
Registered
301 Posts
My 04 has 700 mi on it, and she doesn't use a drop of oil, despite the daily floggings :twisted: ! I LOVE this bike. Oh... and get the red with black stripes, they put out more horsepower than the other colors. :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
moeman said:
dude do not take any of these responses personnel but your post did sound like all the RR got an oil burning issue none of these guys got any problems neither do i and i got 13000 miles on my RR the bottom line is if you break in your RR in a smart manner i promise you your RR will please you beyond belief do you guys agree with me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
that's right moe!

hardhitter, go tell the people who said the rr has an oil issue that it's not true. they're spreading slander about our baby!! the rr has about as much an issue with burning oil as any other bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts