Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
natypes said:
athlete? for riding a bike? uh ok, if you say so. Not to belittle his accomplishments, but I think that is too 1-dimensional.
You asked for it. you must be crazy to think he is no athlete. Have you ever watched a tour de france? Have you seen all the uphills? you ever think about what they have to do prepare themselves for something like this? the conditioning alone is gruesome.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
what would you consider an athlete - a bowler? badminton player, perhaps?

i don't understand how you can say it's 1-dimensional. there's some serious strength and conditioning that goes into cycling. not to mention the drive and determination to compete in such an event like the Tour de France.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey man don't knock bowling...bowling takes years of intense drinking and eating of greasy foods to master.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
natypes said:
athlete? for riding a bike? uh ok, if you say so. Not to belittle his accomplishments, but I think that is too 1-dimensional.
You're $hitting me, right? This guy has more NUTS than you could ever hope to have. His accomplishments are simply amazing and he is truly an inspiration.

I wish I had 10% of his dedication and drive....

·
Registered
273 Posts
natypes said:
Yea you deffinatly need to rethink that statement. If you ever watched the Tour De France you would know that those guys are some of the top athleats in the world. Are they the strongest no but are they one of the most conditioned and determined hell yes.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
anyone ever seen the special on him using Performance Enhancing Drugs..

3 years ago at the tour, he was staying in a hotel room and no garbage was coming out of his room for like 5 or so days.. so a reporter took the liberty to check it out.. come to find out with alot of work and great video footage of it,, one of his trainers was leaving the hotel room each morning at like 6am with a black duffle bag, travleing somwhere in the vicinity of 60 or so miles away from the hotel and dumping a small garbage bag into trash cans around the area. Well come to find out when one of the bags were dumped the reporter went into the garbage and pulled the bag out to find old needles, and boxs for illegal performance enhancing drugs that are banned from use in the TOUR and bicycling racing.. when confronted, Lance Armstrong said they were not his but that they belonged to his trainer who was taking the drugs..

COME ON... NO WAY!!!..

the man is a great biker.. but i surely have my doubts..
i will try to dig this article up online as well..

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
speaking of specials... there was a special the other day about the fact that he was born with a heart that was 10% larger than a normal human's. with conditioning, it has grown to become 30% larger than a "normal" human heart, and is able to pump 30% more blood and oxygen to his muscles.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
natecoop said:
speaking of specials... there was a special the other day about the fact that he was born with a heart that was 10% larger than a normal human's. with conditioning, it has grown to become 30% larger than a "normal" human heart, and is able to pump 30% more blood and oxygen to his muscles.
i saw that special too... pretty good story

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes but you have to realize also it is not Lance alone winning the tour every time. He has an entire team that all their job is to make sure Lance gets out front. They will take turns racing to his side to bring him water, race out front to allow him to draft behind and also provide screens to slow other riders down behind him. When I learned all this it kind of removed some of the lusture surrounding Lance. Not to take anything away from the man, 7 tours that's awesome. But maybe a little less impresive now.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
CentCalRR said:
Yes but you have to realize also it is not Lance alone winning the tour every time. He has an entire team that all their job is to make sure Lance gets out front. They will take turns racing to his side to bring him water, race out front to allow him to draft behind and also provide screens to slow other riders down behind him. When I learned all this it kind of removed some of the lusture surrounding Lance. Not to take anything away from the man, 7 tours that's awesome. But maybe a little less impresive now.
and you think Lance is alone in this? what about Team T-Mobile and Jan Ulrich? all of his major rivals have the same team setup. he also didn't beat Ulrich by more than a minute in the first time trial with his team. he did it by himself...

and to the blind man saying he's not an athlete... let's see you ride 2100 miles through France and survive...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts