Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine runs strong right up to around 8k, then it falls on its face, does this for about a second or two, then pulls through and runs perfect from 10k on up. Its worse when Im WOT, but does it either way. If I had to guess it would be something related to the secondary injectors since thats right around the point that they turn on.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Fuel pressure....

Have you had the tank off lately? Check for a pinched fuel line. Otherwise you may need to check your fuel pressure (50psi) or your fuel pump strainer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that, I had to extend the fuel line about 20" I think to reach the tank under the seat, and I was thinking line expansion, but its 500psi fuel line that I had the guy use that made it. It would make some sense that it could be starved for fuel when the injectors initially turn on, but whats weird is that it runs as strong as it does above 10k when all 8 injectors are firing as hard as they can. I will however check my fuel pressure when I put the quad back together after painting, have a electric fuel pressure gauge laying around from my camaro, might try to hook that in permanently.

Any other suggestions, I wont be able to test anything that requires the engine running as I just tore it apart again tonight. Im going to check the resistance on all the injectors and coils to make sure thats good.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
could it be spark plugs, that swhat everyone told me when mine started doing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts