Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why the gixxer is the only 750 out there? I've been thinking about gettin an 07 this summer, just curious if there are any opinions backed by FACTS. thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
lol pretty much. The R7 was the last non suzuki 750 i can remember

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
yup 749r race in SS wit the 600 i4s....

in a drag race/4 gear wind on , my buddys 748r is neck 4 neck with my RR.....

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Yeah 748's or 749s' don't count they're like torquey 600's...The new 07' RR is pretty much like a 750..

But if you want a true 750 the gixxer is your only choice..Unless you want an aging pos that's just a hair faster than your RR...

It really depends what you want to use it for..If you only ride on the street and you want just a little more power and still want your bike to be flickable then maybe a 750's for you...A 750 basically feels like a 600 but with more of a top end hit...If you're looking for more power accross the board then skip the 750 and get a liter..IMHO a 600 has more than enough power to get you in some serious trouble on the track or on the street...You just gotta know how to ride em (which basically is wringing it's neck :) For me it's fun to be wide open...With bigger bikes you don't quite get that satisfaction..

·
Registered
500 Posts
i really wish the other manufacturers would make 750s again. the gixxer 750 is a very nice compromise between the 600 and 1000. it handles very similarly to the 600 but with approx 25-30 more horsepower.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Perhaps we will see more 750 to 800cc bikes now that Motogp has changed to 800cc. And dont be mistaken, the gixxer 750 doesnt feel just like a 600, they have a fair amount more power.

·
Registered
617 Posts
i really wish the other manufacturers would make 750s again. the gixxer 750 is a very nice compromise between the 600 and 1000. it handles very similarly to the 600 but with approx 25-30 more horsepower.
Just about every article that I read about the GSXR 750 says it is the perfect compormise between a 600 and 1000. I too wish more manufacturers would make them again.

Call me crazy but I've been itchin' for a slightly older GSXR 750. In fact I was ->||<- this close to buying a 2001 GSXR 750 this past weekend. It had already sold when I called. I've always had a thing for GSXRs in the blue/white w/ white wheels color scheme. I don't like the current generation GSXRs though. Had I found one of those before finding my RR I'd be riding a Suzuki now.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i really like the way the new gixxers look, they are just sexy. i think once i get the finances straightened out i am going to pick one up. the 750's look like it would be the perfect mix between weight and power.

·
Registered
479 Posts
There are no more 750's because the superbike class is no longer 750's.

Blame Ducati for making a bike so dominate that the other manufacturers needed more displacement to be competitive.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just about every article that I read about the GSXR 750 says it is the perfect compormise between a 600 and 1000. I too wish more manufacturers would make them again.

Call me crazy but I've been itchin' for a slightly older GSXR 750. In fact I was ->||<- this close to buying a 2001 GSXR 750 this past weekend. It had already sold when I called. I've always had a thing for GSXRs in the blue/white w/ white wheels color scheme. I don't like the current generation GSXRs though. Had I found one of those before finding my RR I'd be riding a Suzuki now.

Just a word of advice, a friend of mine had the generation of Gixxer 750 you mentioned above, there wasnt as much difference between that and a new generation 600, he bought an '05 zx636 and couldnt believe how much lighter and better handling the zx is. The new 750's are much closer to a 600 in handling and weight, plus they have the extra ponies.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just a word of advice, a friend of mine had the generation of Gixxer 750 you mentioned above, there wasnt as much difference between that and a new generation 600, he bought an '05 zx636 and couldnt believe how much lighter and better handling the zx is. The new 750's are much closer to a 600 in handling and weight, plus they have the extra ponies.
Understood. Some of it for me though is the design. Like I've always loved the design of the SRAD GSXRs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts