Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i checked all the other threads even posted up some of my own about the overheating thing. So lets get to the point.

~Checked coolant
~Fan starts up but make loud noise
~Turned it in to dealer but the just idle it! (so no overheatin to them)
~right engine cover (stator) is rashed a little from laydown a year ago! Could it be loose?

I seriously dont know what it is! It has 15900 mile on it.
Is the engine bad now?
Bent Radiator from it being down?
Do i need a compression check?
LOL new 07' maybe!

I seriously need help!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thermostat maybe? In what kind of riding conditions does it get that hot?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In any condition its get hot ....ranging from 225-231 warm ...hot day 235- up to 246.....Iand coolant is full .... fan make loud noise ...and i did even know bikes had thermostats...lol

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i dont knwo man that sounds bad, i was sittin gin some traffic yesterday and it was about 80 degrees, my fan kicked in, but bythe time i noticed i was at 231, bu that fan kept it steady and dropped it back down to a steady 228 before i could move again.
Something isnt right with yours. Them 600s arent even supposed to run that hot.

What mods do u have, maybe your a/f ratio is making your bike runn hotter than normal.

·
Registered
270 Posts
wow 246? on 85 degree days i dont get any hotter than 228. i know my buddies r6 used to run 245 degrees all the time so it might just be really hot and nothin to worry about.

·
19,904 Posts
wow 246? on 85 degree days i dont get any hotter than 228. i know my buddies r6 used to run 245 degrees all the time so it might just be really hot and nothin to worry about.

2 different bikes, read the manual.
the 600RR is supposed to be shut down immediately at 235 degrees if my memory serves me correctly, its liek 240 or 245 for the 1000RR, different bikes different specs, RTFM

·
Registered
270 Posts
i just figured if another 600 sportbike got that hot then it wouldnt be that bad for our bikes. i didnt know it was supposed to shut down at 235. Unique maybe you could try some Kool Aid. it's supposed to keep your bike like 15-20 degrees cooler. my buddy has an 06 600rr with Kool Aid in it and his bike def runs cooler.

·
19,904 Posts
yeah dude, everybike is different, like suzuki fans kick in at like 230 i think... crazy things them suzukis.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 different bikes, read the manual.
the 600RR is supposed to be shut down immediately at 235 degrees if my memory serves me correctly, its liek 240 or 245 for the 1000RR, different bikes different specs, RTFM

after 256 its shuts down.... an maybe i really dont know ....do bikes have thermostats?

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
does it get that hot when you are moving as well? Mine will get warm meaning around 230 degrees sitting at a stop light for a long time, but then slow starts to cool back down but my normal temp while moving in 80 degree weather is around 180-185 or so when I slow up and or stop it heats up right away though. Yeah I would say somthing is not right but I am curious if this is when your moving as well? You might just have some really shitty/old coolant try flushing it easy and should be done with that many miles if uit has not been done yet IMO

·
19,904 Posts
after 256 its shuts down.... an maybe i really dont know ....do bikes have thermostats?

You shouldnt even let it get that hot, at that point i think the damage is already done.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it gets hot when im one th highway too around 218 in six gear as soon as i slow down it climbs up to 231 ..... then the fan makes a LOUD nose ...... I cant be the only one one here wit this problem!

·
19,904 Posts
it gets hot when im one th highway too around 218 in six gear as soon as i slow down it climbs up to 231 ..... then the fan makes a LOUD nose ...... I cant be the only one one here wit this problem!
from what i remember my fan on my 03 used to kick in at 222

·
Registered
190 Posts
I haven't actually looked at the cooling system on our bikes, but something has to regulate the flow from the radiator to the engine, otherwise the coolant never dissipates the heat. Ill check my service manual to make sure I'm not just blowin smoke out my arse about the thermostat.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Yes there is a thermostat...I believe anything liquid cooled would need one otherwise the bike or whatever for that matter would run way to cool. The 03 model t-stat begins to open around 176-183 degrees f. You could have a stuck t-stat, possibly but I would think if that were the case it would heat up even more than that and faster for that matter. If your fan is making a werid noise maybe smoething is jamming it up you should take a look or maybe your motor is bad but even if it is your bike should not run that hot when your crusing it should be at the least under 200 degrees in six gear at about 60 200 seems high to me even mid 180'd i think is perfect based on 80 degrees outside.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts