Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a used Red 2003 CBR600RR with 3000 miles and a 4-year guarantee. The seller was asking for $8200 or something like that. I'm thinking he'll sell it for $8000. Is that a good price?

I live in Utah and the lowest deal I can find on a brand new 03 RR is $8300 OTD.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i would pass on it.
Unless you know and trust the guy or your willing to ride a bike and have no idea what its been through, yeah buy it.

i dislike the 3000miles for 8g's. **** that.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
FYI I got my 04 for $7,750 out the door with out tax and tag.

You'll still need to pay taxes on that bike your looking at.

BAD DEAL!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
good idea jase.
Think of it wegf, a brand new bike your choice of color, zero miles, all less than 8k :bitchslap:

/ oh yeah, then buy all your mods from jason or nick

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about $7000? The seller is actually waiting for me to make an offer and I just don't know what's the right price and if I should consider it.

The bike is all stock and doesn't appear to have been down.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about bellshonda but I'll eventually have to pay sell tax for it when I register and that'll bring the price up to the OTD price that I could get here, which is $8300.

·
Registered
162 Posts
7g's is more reasonable.

still 3k + miles on it.
Its worth it to me to get a bike with 0 on it.

just my opinion.

·
Registered
936 Posts
yeah 8000 is not a great price for a used bike... Im sure you could get a new left over '03 for that much or less... Dont take the first offer you come across, shop around

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, Utah sucks bad. I offered a dealer here $7800 for a left over 03 and they laughed at me, $8000 and they scoffed, so I left. Well, they didn't actually laughed and scoffed but you know what I mean. :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
2 guys i know got there RR's with less mileage for under 7g's (one was fro ma storei n SC another was from a rich guy here in GA.....he already had a Busa).

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I agree....8000 way too much no matter where you are for a bike with 3000 miles. I got my '03 new for 7400 OTD here in GA.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Yeah...fugg that...3k miles? $8,000?? Forget it...you'd be better off if you know some one out of state, or in a state with no sales tax (like montana) you should just have them buy it, and then transfer the title over to you...that's what we were thinking about doing...I talked to a dealer while I was out there...and he said he could get me a 600RR for $7,200 OTD...cuz of no sales tax...or freight or set up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts