Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $8599 out the door a good price for a 2004 CBR600RR? I'm in San Francisco, CA if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah its not bad ... I would say its around average thats the sticker price on a new rr. I think cali usually dosent go down to much on their bikes. See if you could go outa state to some rural area and buy the bike there. You might find it cheaper and it will have a little more HP do to the emmissions on the cali bikes. I think there is some legal stuff though when you register it in california youll have to check that out.

C

·
0 Posts
Sounds good for an 04. You should try and find an 03. You will save enough money to put a full exhaust system on.

·
Registered
132 Posts
mrrippey said:
Crash, that is what I am looking for 7K out the box but I think I will get 7400 out the box, three more weeks then I am in!

rippey
Well....

While the bike is technically new (I bought it from a "dealership", ok dynojet) it actually had 497 miles on it. A power commander and a full Erion exhaust. Just a side note, Erion isnt selling full exhausts to the public yet. Still one hell of a deal!!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Everyone listen! He is in CALI! CALI pays more then anyone else because of taxes and the fact it costs more to live here and people earn more. He is asking if it is a good price for the area that he is in. Not in ohio or maine. So if you bought your bike in alabama for your sister and $20 it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
132 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
Everyone listen! He is in CALI! CALI pays more then anyone else because of taxes and the fact it costs more to live here and people earn more. He is asking if it is a good price for the area that he is in. Not in ohio or maine. So if you bought your bike in alabama for your sister and $20 it doesn't matter.
Damn now my ears are ringing. Did you have to yell?

Your right though, for Ca that is a good deal on a RR. It really is too bad he cant buy out of state but CA law doesnt make that very easy. At least not new. Go for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the input everyone. Marshall's right - I'm trying to gauge if that's a good price in my area. I haven't decided for sure that I'm going to get a 600rr yet, but if I do, it will be black/silver. I'm also considering (dare I say) a R6, though that would likely be a used 02 or 03, because if I'm going to pay for a new one, the Honda is at the top of my list. My other option for the time-being is a 1994 CBR900RR with 6K miles and about $25K invested that a friend would sell me cheap. We'll see... I just sold my Ducati today, so I need to find something new.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
$8,599 is a good deal in Cali.. that is what the going rate is for an 04 in NY..

things in NY and Cali always cost more than anywhere else in the United States.
Cost of living is higher as well as the overall economy..

that is seriously a good deal for an 04.. i shopped around and im getting mine for $8,599 which is the best deal i could find in NY for an 04

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
Damn, I knew I should have drove over to AL to get my bike....would have saved a lot of $ :mrgreen:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I paid 8000$ OTD thats with tax tag and title at Champions Honda in Cocoa Beach Florida that was at 6.5% sales tax which means they sold the bike for like 7200$ or something close to that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I paid $7999 for my '03 at Melpitas Honda here in CA, back in Aug of last year. I would scout around for an '03 before you shell out extra for what is essentially the same bike with a different paint job.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts