Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please take a moment of silence to remember the 9-11 victims

I work at a big shop and it seems no one remembered what happened on this day a while back,untill you remind them..So if you would take a moment of silence for all we lost that day..Also give thanks to any police ,fire fighter and any sevice member you might know that makes our country the best one to live in..And if this topic offends any one im sorry for posting it and it can be removed...THANKS FOR YOUR MOMENT OF SILENCE..

UNITED WE STAND...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Where were you on this day 11 years ago?

My girlfriend at the time called me and woke me up, she insisted I get up and turn on the tv a huge tragedy was happening. I jumped up turned on the tv just as the second plane was hitting the towers. I didn't know what to make of it yet. I remember just sitting there in awe as the whole scene was unfolding, having no idea what was going on.

After a few hours I had to get dressed and ready to go to work, I work at one of the busiest airports in the U.S. (O'hare). I left early thinking that the whole place was going to be on lock down and security was going to be a mess coming through the employee entrance. To my surprise it was business as usual with very little heightend security.

Once into work, we all just sat and watched what was going on on the tv. There was literally nothing for us to do (At the time I was a fueler for United). After several hours we went out on to the tarmac and we all could remember how eirie it was out there. At an airport there is never any silence, there is always APU'S running or an airplane taxiing, something. Today we could hear the birds chirp. Never have I heard it like that and hopefully the airport will never be that quiet again. This went on for several days before planes were finally allowed to start flying.

Prayers and sympathy to all my co-workers lost on flight 175 and flight 93 and the friends and family of all the people in the towers and the first responders. We will never forget!

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
And if this topic offends any one im sorry for posting it and it can be removed...THANKS FOR YOUR MOMENT OF SILENCE..

UNITED WE STAND...
I understand why you wrote this but it is a sad day when you have to just saying.

I have my pin I wear every year and may the true heroes be remembered.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I was in my 5th grade class when it happened... All I remember was one teacher running into class telling the other teacher to go watch the tv while she watched over the class, everyone in class was confused and didn't know what was going on but we all could tell it was something bad

·
Registered
754 Posts
I work at a big shop and it seems no one remembered what happened on this day a while back,untill you remind them..So if you would take a moment of silence for all we lost that day..Also give thanks to any police ,fire fighter and any sevice member you might know that makes our country the best one to live in..And if this topic offends any one TOUGH SH!T...THANKS FOR YOUR MOMENT OF SILENCE..

UNITED WE STAND...

There I fixed it for you.

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
I was in my 5th grade class when it happened... All I remember was one teacher running into class telling the other teacher to go watch the tv while she watched over the class, everyone in class was confused and didn't know what was going on but we all could tell it was something bad
Wow 5th grade now I feel old haha.

I was just getting off the graveyard shift at work.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was working at my job that im at now and they didnt even tell any of us right away..But when it finaly got out on the floor i was in shock and could not believe it.Lunch time they would not let us watch tv in the office so i went home with a sick day and watched it from there..People around the shop seemed to forgot about it until you bring it up to them....the familys have my prayers on this day...

·
The Real "Rondo"
447 Posts
I was at work under a car doing an oil change, at the time I was a tech. After the second plane hit, I swear it felt like the world stopped for a while.

It got quiet in the shop, no customers where coming and I think we were all on the phone with our girlfriends or wifes at the time.

I was talking to her wondering if something bad enough could happen where we need to be together at the moments...I never left work, but it was a thought if I should.

Prayers and thoughts go out to the lost family members and service workers of 9-11...We Will Never Forget...

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
I was in 8th grade. Teacher aiding for the special needs class. My mom was standing next to me when the pentagon got hit. I had an uncle stationed there at the time. Luckily he was late to work that day. My mom collapsed in my arms. At that moment I knew I was going to join the military.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Coming from an EX NewYorker my heart & prayers go out to all the good souls that passed away that day may Allah all mighty bestow peace and mercy on them in addition I will also have some prayers for their families and loved ones to simply keep on living and may all their pain , calamity and suffering be gentle on their souls time is the healer of all Amen

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
OP, Thank you for this thread!!! i was going to make one myself.

Firstly, and more importantly thank you to everyone who died, and helped with the tragedy. you are the true hero's of my generation! Everyone had amazing courage and i'm not sure i could of done what some of you did. If any survivors ever read this thread and my posting i hope these words are sufficient enough to explain my true gratitude!! :shakehand

i was in my freshman High school English class when it happened, and i remember the librarian coming across the hall to tell my teacher (Vet) and we all ran across the hall to watch the second plane hit. i will never forget seeing my teacher sit right down and start crying. back then i was younger and STUPID so i didn't fully appreciate what had happened. Looking back i now have a much better understand the gravity of the situation and importance.

i was at Ground Zero the following spring, and if you've never saw it in person trust the pictures and footage don't even come close to comparing to what it was like.

i agree with Jimpaine1 if you don't like the topic then :fyou:

·
Not really asian
677 Posts
I was installing trusses on a new Holiday Inn in Chantilly that was primarily for Dulles Airport. Airplanes taking off and going over me all day and then stopped. Cell phones wernt functioning, couldnt call to get any info. Traffic started its panic rush around dc and made it tough to get home, but being glued to the radio, shortened the ride. Didnt know anyone involved. Pentagon plane most likely went over my head.

Sent from my MB855 using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
754 Posts
The first thread and second thread got joined together by the Administrators(which is fine) So when you read this remember it was two diffrent posts that joined together, that is why it seems a little off when you read it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It's stange to hear people saying that they were in elementary/high school when it happend. I can't beleive it's been 11 years already. I can remember going outside and seeing the smoke plume. I live almost 30 miles away but I could still see the smoke... even smell it. Fighter jets flying overhead, the roads were empty. It was surreal.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I was in 6th grade. my mom and dad were both out of town. my mom called my sister and told her that we couldnt go to school. i wasnt sure why since i live in los angeles. but ill always remember that morning. i watched the news all day.

thanks go out to firefighters, ems, and the police officers everywhere. and a BIG thanks to the military and everyone serving right now, or have ever served.

my best friend just deployed to afghanistan. hopefully he comes back safe and in one piece!

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
i had just dropped off my gf then to a univ class, on my way home i heard it on the radio, got home put CNN on and called my dad who hadn't heard either at that point. When i finally turned on the TV the second plane had already hit.
I will never forget this day, thoughts and prayers go out to ALL effected that day. I'll have to explain to my girls when there older what 9-11-2001 means:(

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
I to was in 5th grade, the principal came into the class and told everyone to turn on their tv. We watched the second plane come in live. I didn't truly know what was going on until a couple days later because I was young

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was in 8th grade. Teacher aiding for the special needs class. My mom was standing next to me when the pentagon got hit. I had an uncle stationed there at the time. Luckily he was late to work that day. My mom collapsed in my arms. At that moment I knew I was going to join the military.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
I bet that day got alot of people commissioned/enlisted..

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
i was working at a cemetary buring a dead guy waiting for the army to call me. i had got to the recruiting center a couple weeks before. i graduated basic training 1 year and a day after the horrific incident.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts