Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

'92-'95 NSX or '09-'12 Cayman S?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I feel their both relatively reliable and both can take a beating. It's hard deciding between the low roof line and all aluminum body of the NSX vs. The new technology and safer architecture of the Cayman S.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I really love the NSX... But for the reasons stated above... CAyman S...

·
Registered
145 Posts
NSX was one of the cars I was looking at with my last purchase, between the NSX, Elise, S2000, and C6. I decided against the Vette because there were a ton of them at work (too common), and against the Elise and NSX because of the expensive and hard to find parts with likely few shops that could work on it. S2000 seemed a good combination of reliability, practicality, and not-as-common-ness.

In this case, I'd probably go for the Cayman S. Would still like to put an NSX in my garage at some point, but for something I planned on driving often -- Cayman.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Caymen this wasnt even hard..

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,907 Posts
If you're going to buy a Porsche, it had better have gt in its name.

I'd rather buy an older flagship car than a run of the mill newer one

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,907 Posts
Sure. Porsche wants to build drivers cars, but has to subsidize this by selling pedestrian stuff at the same time.

In this case I'd pass on the cayman s

·
Registered
862 Posts
+1 for the NSX. Simply because it's from a generation before the safety minded politicians began to ruin the automotive industry. For that same reason we'll never see the body lines of an s2k again. The style been deemed too unfriendly to pedestrian contact...

·
Maynard
7,085 Posts
you can look at a 996 turbo as well. those prices are more competitive than the nsx. my acquaintance sold his 91 NSX for $33k. clean car with 60k.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
This is like trying to choose if you wanna nail Jennifer Aniston or Scarlett Johansen

You've been in love with Aniston all your life, she is still hot as F+++ but now that you can "have" her Scarlett came into scene.. You've only loved her for a couple of years, but she is younger and up to date...

Past dream or Future?

Tough decitions...

·
Maynard
7,085 Posts
This is like trying to choose if you wanna nail Jennifer Aniston or Scarlett Johansen

You've been in love with Aniston all your life, she is still hot as F+++ but now that you can "have" her Scarlett came into scene.. You've only loved her for a couple of years, but she is younger and up to date...

Past dream or Future?

Tough decitions...
hit both, then move on to another girl like a European classic like Kate Beckinsale

·
Registered
903 Posts

Past dream or Future?

Tough decitions...
I don't think both of those cars are comparable to a new and aging sex symbol. The NSX was a rare and game changing car while that Porsche you'll see upscale Connecticut moms driving to tennis practice. The comparison I think is more like would you rather nail an aging but still hot Angelina Jolie or that hot girl that works down at the local Starbucks.

This poll is like asking between an Honda RC30 and a CBR600RR. The CBR would be less hassle to own and easier as a daily ride but you'd be an idiot to pick it over a historical legend.

·
Registered
903 Posts
This poll is like asking between an Honda RC30 and a CBR600RR. The CBR would be less hassle to own and easier as a daily ride but you'd be an idiot to pick it over a historical legend.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Cbr600rr all the way.

I guess we missed the most important piece of info. What are you planning on using the car for? Trackdays, eye candy, or picking up chicks?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts