Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend just picked a 93 GSX-R 750. I rode it to his house and everything. We even stopped at a gas station and turned it off and on and everything was fine. Next day it won't start. I really dont know anything about choke, reserve, pri and all that. We think it was the battery, so we got it up a hill and tried to roll start it but nothing. We are now charging the battery with a charger but still nothing. It does click but nothing happens... does anyone know what to do?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
This bike has carbs. OPen the choke, put the fuel switch to on and start her up, if the bike clicks, its most likly the battery. Check it with a volt meter. Reserve is when main fuel tank is low,as in your fuel reserve. The bike will start to studer when main fuel tank is low, put the fuel switch to reserve. Your going to need to fill her up soon.

·
Registered
523 Posts
you say it clicks as in the starter doesnt turn over? its either low volts on the batt or the starter is going out. what i would do is charge then try starting still clicking then locate the starter and hit it with a hammer about 3 times not hard enough to damange anything but a decent hit try cranking again i forgot what that does but i know you can get a starter to last for a little while longer sometimes when the starter goes out by hitting it but it doesnt work everytime so you may need to take it out and test it. good luck

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so we did figure it out that one day I posted... needed a new battery... the guy that sold it to him is an ass for not telling my friend... thanks for your answers though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts