Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this bike for sale on a local ad and i was wondering what you all could tell me that google isn't. it's been dropped, but it runs. It's cheap, real cheap.

I'm curious as to if it is a vtwin or i-4 or what type of power this thing makes. It looks heavy, hmm.

this would be my first/starter bike.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Although not nearly as potent as today's superbikes, it's still a very powerful machine, that when combined with the over 500 pounds of bulk makes it a very NON ideal first bike.

My second bike was a GS1100, an old tank, but it still scared the crap outta me a couple of times, and I really should have put such power off for a while.

Any bike "can" be a first bike, but most riders don't start off being mature and careful, they all push their and their bikes limits too early, and that bike wouldn't be the one to do it on. In my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
109 Posts
dude first bike? Walk away.... That was my first bike... and those are heavy..... Wet it's like almost 600LB and it has 130hp. Bikes is fast but it will be too fast for a first bike for anyone.

I remember back 6 years ago when I got one for my first bike. Sayin oh I know my limits, and blah blah... well I was wrong.. I was able to ride around the block so I took it out.

dude at the first stop sign I was at. Gave it gas and barely release the clutch, well the bike took off under me straight across and almost hit a car, then a car almost hit it, then i had 3 other people help me pick it up because it was soooo heavy..

I'm warning you... becarefullll.... that bike is not for first bike... wait most bike is not for first bike and i don't want to see you dead.

be safe. get a smaller bike 250 or 600.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, it's definaty a tank. I'm strong as an ox but even flipping my 400lb quad is a pain in the rear I could only imagine a 600lb machine.

I'm looking at a '92 cbr 600 f3 and I'm trying to work something out with the fella.

I am tempted to buy that 1000f to fix/sell for profit though.. hmm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts