Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I bought a 95 F3 - have it at a friends house he's helping me fix it. Got a message last night saying that I need new rotors - front and rear.

I feel like a dumb-ass but how many rotors are on the front? Is it one or two? Ha! Without the bike in front of me I couldn't tell you and I haven't been able to get in touch with him and ask and my parts guy is out too -

Thanks!

:icon_geek

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CRUD! That's what I thought -

I haven't been able to find any under $200 a piece for up front and $120 for the back... *I love my bike - I love my bike - I love my bike * LOL

Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can buy two 1996 Honda CBR600 F3's for 1500. (Yes for the pair) from a guy locally.

One runs and is missing some plastic, and has bent forks. The other doesn't run but has the forks, plastics, and a full yoshi system. Good buy?

What did you pay?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a good buy -
I paid $1800 for the one I'm working on and I bought another one from a buddy of mine for just parts for $400. The one I'm working on needed to have the carbs adjusted and obviously the new rotors and I'm going to put a new slip on exhaust. The fairings were in very good condition and I'm just going to have those re-painted and then put some new Honda decals on them ($20 on e-bay). Other than just painstaking love and labor it's been a decent bike. The one I bought for parts - he used to stunt it so I've got the big sprocket and chain (don't need that right now) and I've got the 6 o'clock bar and the engine cage. Since I'm a new rider I'm transferring the cage for now!

Oh, and I had to transfer the velocity stacks... I think I've done pretty good. The bike I'm running has a new (rebuilt) engine so it only had about 10K miles on it. The bike overall had about 30K.

So far I've spent:
F3 $1800
Parts Bike $400
New Rotors $550
New Plugs $40
O-rings & Seals $70

Total: $2860

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds like fun.

I would be making a stunt bike out of the two if I buy them. Keep the 07 RR for the street.

I want it on the MEGA-CHEAP though, and total under 2k. Cheap as hell for sure.

Debating on it, F3 a good stunter or no?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I know people stunt the F4's like crazy so I'd say it should work pretty well. Maybe a little less power and a little heavier since it's an older model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I would say it would work great as a stunt. My parts bike was a '96 that he stunted and he did all the work himself - furred out the fairings and beat the gas tank in so that he could sit on it and do stuff. I love to hear him tell stories!

They are a heavy bike though - no doubt about it, with the 52-tooth sprocket he had on it though he could pop a wheelie in 1st :)

Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts