Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not bike related but you group of bike riding Dbags have been so helpful with all my bike issues I figure surely someone knows about trucks too.

So yeah my 99 GMC Sierra has a freon leak that takes about 16 hours to fully deplete. Last year I put in a can of recharger and it worked beautifully for a day until I came out the next morning. The leak is in the metal tubing close to where you fill it at the schrader valve. Any suggestions on repairing this? Should I try a can of sealant? Is it possible to somehow "patch" the hole in the tubing with other means? From what I understand, modern A/C sealants aren't as bad as they used to be. Is this true? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Reactions: Cory Gillmore

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks brother I never would've found that. So you think just replacing the part is the best way to go? Hell it looks like the damn part is cheaper than a can of sealant lol. So I'd say yeah that's the best way to go.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yeah the band aids never work. I gave up on them many years ago and fix things correctly now. Save money in the long run!

Reactions: Cory Gillmore

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check your Schrader valves first, that's the most common place for auto hvac systems to leak. After that the next step is O-rings where the ac lines connect together. If that doesn't help add dye to the system, the dye will show you where the leak is coming from. Hvac systems are a little tricky if you haven't serviced one before but it's doable. I've done tons of services and replaced entire ac kits as I live in Texas and own a shop. People here cannot survive without ac lol! If you need some more help don't hesitate to pm me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
966 Posts
My bad, I just kinda assumed the dye had already been done and thats why he knew it was leaking "near the valve". If not then yes, test first before throwing parts at something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts