Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i go to and past 9k rpm (exactly) my engine changes tone to a much louder and raspier tone. its something that is VERY noticable as not only being heard but i can feel it through the handlebars slightly, i will also point out that it is also very consistent as well so it makes me wonder if thats just the way it is, any type of feedback would be great, i have an 07 with a little over 2k miles

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Mine doesn't do anything special when I hit 9k revs, are u on first gear when u get that noise? Do you get it no matter what gear you are on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, it doesnt matter what gear, when the 2nd set of injectors kick in at 7k do you get the raspiness and vibration?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Is the bike still stock? Is this your first sport bike? 9-10k, you're starting to get into the cams. The engine start to come alive in horsepower. These things really run like a 2 stroke dirt bikes, if you're not in the powerband, you're not going anywhere. I don't have my dyno info in front of me but at like 3k you have like 40 hp, at 10k and above you should be pushing close to 100. Even if you're not full on the throttle, the bike is ready to go. I have an 07 right now but I usually keep it below 9k (it gets me to work fast enough) but I can try it tomorrow. As the R's climb, the exhaust starts to get louder.

I don't know if this helps, I don't know if I am describing the right sound you're hearing. Let us know if I'm close or way off.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Manual says the secondaries kick in around 4.5-5k rpm. Is this wrong?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I don't know when the kick in, I don't think you can hear them while you're riding though. I've always wear a helmet and usually with ear plugs but I've never noticed the injector sound. Some people have. Maybe they can hear better or their injectors are louder. I'd say to take it to the shop. Warranty or not, I'm sure they'd listen and not charge you anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it is exactly at 9 everytime, and for me its definitely noticeable, its the tone, it gets much louder and raspier. i guess i can also mention that i noticed (dont know if this is important but i might as well) after 9 it changes tone and it obviously gets louder as i go up but i think the raspiness fades away as long as im on the throttle, now, when i let off above 9 the raspy comes back till i go under 9, dont know, just thought id mention it if it makes a difference, this is my first fuel-injected sportbike so i dont really know what to expect, and im not really sure what to do in general, so thanx for the info so far and any type of advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You really should not be consistently over 9K, u should shift at that point.
unless you are going very fast.

Im thinking its the normal engine noise you are just not use to it.

make a tape with on board camera maybe?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
it is exactly at 9 everytime, and for me its definitely noticeable, its the tone, it gets much louder and raspier. i guess i can also mention that i noticed (dont know if this is important but i might as well) after 9 it changes tone and it obviously gets louder as i go up but i think the raspiness fades away as long as im on the throttle, now, when i let off above 9 the raspy comes back till i go under 9, dont know, just thought id mention it if it makes a difference, this is my first fuel-injected sportbike so i dont really know what to expect, and im not really sure what to do in general, so thanx for the info so far and any type of advice would be greatly appreciated
Is it buzzing?
its normal to a point.

Pull all the way to 11k and then shift.

·
Registered
102 Posts
dang man 9k. you must go very fast haha, i'm usually @ 7k at ~80mph in 6th most of the time on the freeway

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes, it is kind of like a buzzing sound, and my bad, i didnt mean to make it sound like im consistently at 9k, i meant when i do pull on it, it makes that buzz sound consistently at 9 which is why felt like thats just the way the bike is, i guess i should jus get earplugs

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The upper fairing will vibe on the mount if you dont have mirror bases or block offs.
Happened to me, and I remember that the noise came on right around 10k.

I don't know if thats the same type of noise your talking about though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
if you can feel the chasis shudder through your knees at 9k something is wrong, if all you are hearing/feeling is a tone change and a buzz in the bars - welcome to gobs of high rpm HP - my 03 peals like a bell coming down from 15k right at the same point, you can practically hear the db meter drop at that point - probably nothing but if the motor is vibing hard enough to pound your knees something isn't right

1 - 16 of 16 Posts